Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not my week

JayG90

So this week my tyre went on me, and now a phone call to the insurance. Come to work for some overtime at a station i've never worked at before... dealing with a passenger and get 'jamie your car just been hit' oh just what i need. 

Luckily a passenger saw the driver hir my car and attempted to drive off having no idea saying i only tapped it. 

New bumper and side panel needed. Something im not paying out for especially after having to fight for his details, and attempting to drive off. 

Just not my day/week at all. Wonder what car ill get as a cover car last time as a nissian juke! 

So it begins, the wonderful insurance have passed me on to a company, who are rude and clearly stated false information already. I was told be getting a call within 48 hours, fair enough, however the repair centre will be picking up my car and a cover car be dropped off... Well I've had to do a 32 mile round trip ALREADY and now sitting back waiting on a phone call to say when to take the car back.

Can see this one been fun!

Whats the repair company called, if it's anything along the lines of nationwide, they are useless.

1 hour ago, Maxxxykins said:

Whats the repair company called, if it's anything along the lines of nationwide, they are useless.

Holdcraft. I've kicked off about the way I've been spoken too. So they're now collecting the car WHEN they approve repairs (tomorrow). Absolute clowns! Want to arrange a date with me there after! I hope they don't mess up, as they'll be knowing about it. You wouldn't think they were on my side, way they are treating me is as if I am at fault.

37 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

Holdcraft. I've kicked off about the way I've been spoken too. So they're now collecting the car WHEN they approve repairs (tomorrow). Absolute clowns! Want to arrange a date with me there after! I hope they don't mess up, as they'll be knowing about it. You wouldn't think they were on my side, way they are treating me is as if I am at fault.

Hmmm never heard of them, just document what they say, what they do, and when they do it, you never know what can happen.

I got told different dates by different people, told me my car was in one place when it was somewhere else, I also got given a courtesy car, which they didn't even remember to pick up so it sat around for a few days until they realised..

20 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Hmmm never heard of them, just document what they say, what they do, and when they do it, you never know what can happen.

I got told different dates by different people, told me my car was in one place when it was somewhere else, I also got given a courtesy car, which they didn't even remember to pick up so it sat around for a few days until they realised..

It's a dealership, but they have a accident repair centre.Sorry, it's Holdcroft. They aren't even Ford, yet Ford is about a mile away from this repair centre? Baffles me. In 2014 I was put with a company called M&M Direct and they were fantastic. These? Well the place for a start you nearly snap your axles due to MASSIVE pot holes the moment you go in.
I have no idea when I'm getting a courtesy car, I'm 50 miles away from home from tomorrow onwards IN my car, so I'm a have to drive back and maybe have a day off work. Just a complete mess.

3 hours ago, JayG90 said:

It's a dealership, but they have a accident repair centre.Sorry, it's Holdcroft. They aren't even Ford, yet Ford is about a mile away from this repair centre? Baffles me. In 2014 I was put with a company called M&M Direct and they were fantastic. These? Well the place for a start you nearly snap your axles due to MASSIVE pot holes the moment you go in.
I have no idea when I'm getting a courtesy car, I'm 50 miles away from home from tomorrow onwards IN my car, so I'm a have to drive back and maybe have a day off work. Just a complete mess.

Damn, just keep ringing them asking for updates, they'll probably give you the worst car as well! I got a pug 106... Couldn't stand the thing

12 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

Damn, just keep ringing them asking for updates, they'll probably give you the worst car as well! I got a pug 106... Couldn't stand the thing

thats something im not looking forward to either. theyve said theyll provide me a like for like. no doubt a pug 208gti :'( last time it was a nissian juke sport ha 

update: theyve authorised repairs. so i called up to arrange a pick up date. next thursday, apparently got to wait for the parts from Ford FIRST. theyll bring the cover car, providing i sign for the car no problem. 

if they read this post i hope they are ashammed. poor customer service is an understatement and are nothing but a joke. said i need 48 hours notice case i need a day off work 'i can only give 24'. not good enough. 

maybe im been too harsh? 

On 25/05/2016 at 8:11 AM, JayG90 said:

thats something im not looking forward to either. theyve said theyll provide me a like for like. no doubt a pug 208gti :'( last time it was a nissian juke sport ha 

update: theyve authorised repairs. so i called up to arrange a pick up date. next thursday, apparently got to wait for the parts from Ford FIRST. theyll bring the cover car, providing i sign for the car no problem. 

if they read this post i hope they are ashammed. poor customer service is an understatement and are nothing but a joke. said i need 48 hours notice case i need a day off work 'i can only give 24'. not good enough. 

maybe im been too harsh? 

Is that a pick up date for your car or the hire?

I don't think so, at the end of the day they are supposed to providing a service.

41 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Is that a pick up date for your car or the hire?

I don't think so, at the end of the day they are supposed to providing a service.

That is for them to come and collect my car. So currently nothing has been done. 

Hire car just been dropped... It's a 65 plate Insgnia. :( Tell you the truth though, I actually like it! Hope it drives well!

They're abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G930F

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

They're abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I haven't driven it yet, but I do like the gadgets. Only thing I can find wrong is... 1. there isn't much room in the drivers side and 2. the rear end is digusting. But can't fault the seats they are comfy but haven't driven it properly yet :P - I am not a fan of Vauxhall but anything is better than a Corsa.

Apparently they're an OK drive. I quite like the look of them tbh.

Any idea what engine it has?

5 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Apparently they're an OK drive. I quite like the look of them tbh.

Any idea what engine it has?

2l diesel :)

I like the look of them myself also, but rear view mirror may as well be black, can't see nothing out of it lol.

Well an update. I am finally getting my fiesta back today or tomorrow whenever I decide to pick it up. They were meant to drop it but decided to take hire car back and pick mine up. 

I have never driven such a s*** car. Whoever released that off the production line needs shooting. 

1. The car would start with no key in the ignition

2. Put the car in reverse you end up darting forward like youve stalled the car unless you HOLD the gear stick in the reverse 

3. Throttle is that heavy a long distance drive which i did (400 miles) your shins hurt like youve been in a battle with a tiger. 

4. Throttle lag (if you can call it that) is horrendous - 1st gear doesnt exist yourr changing to 2nd at about 1,500 revs. You need to be in 3rd just to get a pull. Its horrible. 

5. As for the eletric handbrake youre screwed if your on a steep hill and need to release hand brake to aid you from rolling back. 

6. Fuel? Drinks it. Pure motorway driving i was getting 48-51mpg in a desiel horrible

7. Interior is a back breaker. Its like sitting on bricks. 

Good thing about it? The touch screen, that's about it as the satnav decides to change camera angels every 2 seconds. 

Overall do not get a vauxhall lol. But be glad to be back in a fiesta. Hopefully theyve done a good job :D 

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear it!  This forum was starting to get a little too Vauxhall friendly...

That MPG really is horrendous!!  My 405 (a 20 year old IDI turbo diesel designed in the 1980s) gets 55MPG easily, so there is no excuse for a NEW car to get less than 60.

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm glad to hear it!  This forum was starting to get a little too Vauxhall friendly...

That MPG really is horrendous!!  My 405 (a 20 year old IDI turbo diesel designed in the 1980s) gets 55MPG easily, so there is no excuse for a NEW car to get less than 60.

Upside of it, was £66 got 800 miles in the tank. Well got us from Manchester to London and then London to Devon and think back can't remember if we had to fill up.

They did a good job on the repair though, looks like new again now but the customer service was DISGUSTING. She said 'have you looked at your car before you came here' well no, you've basically said you shut at 5:30 and wont wait for me even though I told you I'm near by but stuck at the moment due to a broken down car so was jammed in traffic. I had 5 mins to get out the car and find some little door... I have no idea where my car is... Well, anyway 'Do you want to see it' well yeah, so I went and checked it and got looked at like as if to say 'Do you not trust us?'. Asked them to sign some paper saying they've had the hire car so I am no longer responsible 'We haven't looked over it' (good job I took photos with date and time) even though the hire company said I'm responsable for it still? No sorry, I've handed it back as far as I am concerned they are the ones extending the days till next week knowing full well I arranged for the car to be picked up.

Anyway, got in the car, to a foul smell and around 7 moths... Lovely hey. Either way car is now back in my hands and be going for a good ol' clean out. Left me with 3 miles of fuel also, good job there was a petrol station just next too it.

Sounds great...  At least the car is back in your hands again though, and you can give it a thorough clean!!

i know of 4 friends who have HAD an Insignia, all cars were within 2 years old and all 4 cars fell to bits underneath them, and get this one mate works for Evans Halshaw Vauxhall, hahaha.
Hi did work at the Ford Halshaw's about 500 meters away from where his is now, his car started to fall to bits in the first week, the badge seems to fall of first on all of them followed by the grill usually, same on all 4, it must be synchronised maybe lol.
One of the lads who's car fell to bits works with me and commutes from Doncaster to Hull every day, his engine blew on the second week, diesel jobbie he had and he is a bit of a mileage nut so never battered it, said he was well pleased with what it was giving him but put this down to the car getting lighter as bits fell off right up to when the engine went pop leaving our car park one day, i gave him a lift home as it would not move.
Halshaws carted his car away never to be seen again, he now has a Mazda 6 Sport, nice car and he loves it.

So is it just a Vaxhaull thing, are they all crap ?
Am i biased as i have never drove one that i liked, they are all rubbish and seem to be thrown together.

Very pleased you have your Ford back, i remember having a Golf as a courtesy car while mine was in menders, it was like driving an 80's car for me, built like a skip and did not like it, was happy to get my Ford back.

48 minutes ago, Figgis41 said:

i know of 4 friends who have HAD an Insignia, all cars were within 2 years old and all 4 cars fell to bits underneath them, and get this one mate works for Evans Halshaw Vauxhall, hahaha.
Hi did work at the Ford Halshaw's about 500 meters away from where his is now, his car started to fall to bits in the first week, the badge seems to fall of first on all of them followed by the grill usually, same on all 4, it must be synchronised maybe lol.
One of the lads who's car fell to bits works with me and commutes from Doncaster to Hull every day, his engine blew on the second week, diesel jobbie he had and he is a bit of a mileage nut so never battered it, said he was well pleased with what it was giving him but put this down to the car getting lighter as bits fell off right up to when the engine went pop leaving our car park one day, i gave him a lift home as it would not move.
Halshaws carted his car away never to be seen again, he now has a Mazda 6 Sport, nice car and he loves it.

So is it just a Vaxhaull thing, are they all crap ?
Am i biased as i have never drove one that i liked, they are all rubbish and seem to be thrown together.

Very pleased you have your Ford back, i remember having a Golf as a courtesy car while mine was in menders, it was like driving an 80's car for me, built like a skip and did not like it, was happy to get my Ford back.

I did rack up 1,600 miles in it in a week. Love to see their faces. As it only did 2000 miles and had 4 people before me (judging on the bluetooth considering they all left their details) 

I had to rag the car just to get it to move. Like i say above the gear ratio was out completely and felt like a tank. Just a horrible car. Was pure plastic. Even down to the arm rest you were scared to open it as the clip felt so loose. Car was built 31 december (looked it up) so was only 5-6 months old. 

They feel rock solid as i was looking at the corsa vxr until i walked away after a proper drive and glad i did walk away. Dont be fooled by them, they are a bag of plastic with a lot of screws to make them feel sturdy. 

• Like 2

lol, should off told them you did airport runs as a taxi driver as you drove off in yours Jay, lol

A friend at work use to drive nothing but Astra's, he had a go in my car and now has a 2014 Focus with the same type engine in as mine, him and his wife love it as there always back and forth down south where his good lady's from. Converted lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Figgis41 said:

lol, should off told them you did airport runs as a taxi driver as you drove off in yours Jay, lol

A friend at work use to drive nothing but Astra's, he had a go in my car and now has a 2014 Focus with the same type engine in as mine, him and his wife love it as there always back and forth down south where his good lady's from. Converted lol

They were told a rack of miles will be added. As i do 80 mile round trips to work. Either way just glad to have the ford back :D i hope i dont need another cover car and certainly wont be using holdcroft again. Though they did a fantastic job on the body work :D 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club