Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whirring noise from inside the vehicle

Ryanst1992

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a fiesta st2 brand new and ever since I've had the vehicle when the air con is switched on a whirring/whining noise is emitted from the vents. As soon as you switch the air con off it stops? Also when you change the revs it can get louder and quieter. It's been in my local dealer three times now and they have ended up saying it is normal and was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1 month later...

I've had the same issue. I took it into the Ford Dealer near me and they said it's the gas resonating in the pipes (I have no idea how Air Con works so I don't know how legitimate this was). I just learnt to live with it, albeit it is loud, not something you have to listen for.

If anything, I'd like to find out which "pipe" it is and put some sort of noise cancelling material over it.

Have you had the aircon re-gassed? I've had a couple of cars that have done that and was because there was no or little gas in the system. I would recommend getting a re-gas but be prepared that there might be a leak in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I think even the air conditioning gas has a warranty of 1 or maybe even 2 years?  If the car's almost brand new, I'd be straight down to the dealer again.

• 7 months later...

Have you got your radio on? If you turn your radio off completely does it still do it?

• 1 year later...

I noticed a similar noise in my ST-2. Ford diagnosed it as the aircon compressor and agreed to replace it under warranty [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club