Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name that bush! How much to replace?

idcool

My rear end has starting creaking and I found the culprit, I think its called the rear trailing arm bush.

IMG_20160708_155545.jpg

I tried to take apart the subframe to get to it but the bolts have all seized up/rusty, my subframe looks like the underside of a boat down there! I can imagine it being more trouble that its worth for me to do it with my limited tools and without replacement bolts to hand, so its a garage job.

I know this issue has been posted before on here but without photos, so I thought I would share my pain.

I am going to get quotes tomorrow to fix it, any rough ideas on prices? £200-300 maybe?

I also read that its safer to remove the subframe to avoid bending the arms trying to release the bolts... should I suggest this to the mechanic?

Oh and I have a 2006 1.6 TDCI 116k

IMG_20160708_155631.jpg

IMG_20160708_161457.jpg

I fitted fit and forget polyurethane bushes last summer on my mk1.I left the subframe alone and used a grinder to free the suspension arms.ImageUploadedByFord OC1468011151.533354.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

My local Ford garage priced the job at £480 with OEM bushes.

• Like 1

at ford not cheap the easiest method is to drop the rear subframe unless fitting poly bushes they are called rear upper trailing arm bushes if fitting OEM bushes you should replace the arm as they bend too easily

• Like 1

The trailing arm is called different names.I think technically it's a control blade but i've heard it been called a tie-bar and as above.Some call the bush a butterfly bush.Confusing I know lol.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club