Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC wiring diagram

Bob999

I’ve got issues with the AC on my petrol MK6 1.4. The light comes on when press the switch but the compressor won’t cut in. I thought it might be low on gas so had it checked at a local garage, it was a little low but not enough to cause this problem and was topped up. The tech suggested it was probably a wiring issue. I’m pretty handy with a meter so though no problem this’ll be a quick fix but I can’t find a wiring diagram. Checked my Haynes manual, everything but this diagram, and I don’t seem to be able to find it on line. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, especially as it looks like we might finally get our 2 days of summer this week.

Thanks

Have you bridged the pressure switch?  Takes a couple of seconds with a paperclip or small jumper wire, if it kicks on then probably just needs a new switch.

• Like 1

Does the radiator cooling fan turn when aircon switched on?

• Like 1

Tom

I'll try the pressure switch later today

Ian

No the radiator fan doesn't turn on

My fiesta had a problem with the AC relay where it had got moisture inside & completely burnt out. £4 for an equivelent off eBay or £28 for genuine Ford.

The fan would come on like yours, but if you looked down you could clearly see the AC compressor clutch hadn't engaged

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

I bridged the pressure switch it made no difference, I checked the switch and it's closed so I think that's ok 

Kieran

My fan doesn't come on.

Does no one have a wiring diagram for the AC system? Is this a deliberate plot to stop people playing with it?

Can someone at least tell me which relays are used by the AC.

If all else fails I'll have to take it to an auto electrician and that's an admission of defeat. 

@ianTT isn't there one on ETIS? :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

air con compressor clutch relay (k32 relay 1)is under bonnet next to battery, check fuses f4 and f12 behind glovebox, there is a high pressure switch that supplys the feed to low pressure switch which controls the operation, so that may need checking alsa ,pins 1and 4 on high pressure switch should be closed and pins 2and 3 should be open.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the identical problem and frustration with the lack of wiring diagrams. This last post will be a real help. Just in time for a weekend bit of trouble shooting. 

Passenger 10A fuse intact.

I have also shorted across the connector for the low pressure sensor. No compressor kicking in.

Was unaware of the high pressure sensor. So that’s next.

will let you know what happens next

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same problem, did you get this sorted? If so what was it.

Cheers

Hi, i have exactly the same problem. I have bridged the relay and the compressor cuts in. Where are the high and low pressure switches? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this as i can work through these?

Many thanks

i now have the wiring diagrams but it seems as though the fault is with the PCM, has anyone else had a problem like this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, FinEvans said:

i now have the wiring diagrams but it seems as though the fault is with the PCM, has anyone else had a problem like this?

Hi is it possible to get a copy of the wiring and did you sort yours in the end?

Cheers

Gary

• 11 months later...

Just now, Moke74 said:

Molimo izmjenični dijagram za ford fiestu mk6 t

• 10 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, FinEvans said:

Could you tell us where to get the diagrams, or could you share them with us please?

If the fan doesn't come on, does that tell me anything?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club