Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tranmission fault - Ford S-Max 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium X Sport Powershift

Khalad

Firstly, Id like to say hello :wub: to everyone on the forums :) ! So howdy all! 

:help: I bought my first ford s-max on the 22nd July and have not been able to drive it for a full whole day to date.

Basically when i picked up the vehicle from cargiant there were some minor problems like the pan roof visor thing would not stay closed. It would close then immediately open back half way again for some reason. Cargiant said they can fix this for me no problem and drop the car back to them at a later date.

Collected my car and driving home... about 6-7 miles into my journey a big thump nose and car looses power. On screen it said 'transmission fault'. When i pressed the gas whilst on drive it would rev upto 2000rpm but would not go forward or above 2000rpm.

Managed to limp onto a side road and stopped the car. Lights started appearing on the dash... Engine management light.. etc

Got recovered got home about 2am.. :(  

So took the car back to cargiant by recovery.

They had a look and told me that they have done some gearbox adaptions / programming and have done a 40mile road test which passed... 'supposedly' . (but they forgot to fix the sunroof visor thing)

Collected car today again after the adaptations. drove ok for about 4mins then same bang boom.. transmission fault again... 

What i noticed before i gave the car back to cargaint the first time, when road testing it, as long as i kept under 2000rpm it drove upto 30mph okish... as soon as you hit above 2000rpm crashes on me, you then turn off the car wait 20 - 30 mins. it drove again and the whole cycle repeated again...

:helpsmilie:Any suggestions what could be wrong? Because i dont want cargiant to mug me off and give me any excuse. I paid for a car but have not even had the opportunity to drive it home yet :( kids missing the summer holiday already :sadwalk:

IMG_8289.JPG

First time when i broke down ^^

IMG_8295.JPG

These appeared as soon as i switched off the car and back on again. Remained on.

IMG_8296.JPG

I wasnt on a hill but that came on (first break down)

IMG_8297.JPG

Since i bought the car it kept saying this. Car giant said just change the batteries from Halfords and that will fix the issue.

IMG_8298.JPG

First break down Engine management light came on.

IMG_8367.JPG

Todays breakdown. again car went into transmission limited/malfunction 

IMG_8368.JPG

Engine management came back on

IMG_8369.JPG

After 10mins of switching the car off and trying to turn it back on again. The engine oil light came on aswell 

Im so baffled at the moment.

Any advice i will greatly appreciate it.

Thankyou in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

car gaint has reconditioned the gearbox by changing the Mechatronic Control Unit and ford wet clutch.

car drove like new on the dual carriage way.

when I got into local traffic about 5 miles into my journey the car AGAIN went into transmission limited mode... Turn the car off and turn the car back on.. It worked again and the whole process kept repeating

its gone back for the 4th time now.. Still haven't been able to drive it.. 

Any ideas guys what the problem?

• 3 years later...

Hi what happened to your car in the end, mine is doing the exact same thing, Evans Halshaw will not take responsibility so it's been off road since December last year

• 4 weeks later...

hi, this happened to mine although mine is the x sport 240 autobox. Just had a new box fitted under warranty. And its not cheap.. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club