AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony1973

Cutting out when driving

4 posts in this topic

My focus 1.8tdDi zetec estate cuts out while driving, i have had this problem for over six months but as the car is a second car in the household i have sort of tolerated the issue, i have changed the fuel filter and the speed sensor but i still have the same problem cutting out usually 2nd gear or above, thanks for any feedback!

My focus 1.8tdDi zetec estate cuts out while driving, i have had this problem for over six months but as the car is a second car in the household i have sort of tolerated the issue, i have changed the fuel filter and the speed sensor but i still have the same problem cutting out usually 2nd gear or above, thanks for any feedback!

Does it cut out or do you just lose drive ie engines still running but accelerators dead??? If its what I think it is the glowplug light will steadily flash too but when you turn the car off and restart all is fine. Right so far???? If I am, simples. Throttle position sensor in the accelerator pedal. Cure??Buy a new pedal from Ford for about £80 and fit it yourself. Job sorted.

Does it cut out or do you just lose drive ie engines still running but accelerators dead??? If its what I think it is the glowplug light will steadily flash too but when you turn the car off and restart all is fine. Right so far???? If I am, simples. Throttle position sensor in the accelerator pedal. Cure??Buy a new pedal from Ford for about £80 and fit it yourself. Job sorted.

Yeah does exactly what you said aswell! thanks !

LOL no problem. Mine did it a couple of years ago. Thing was I was sat at 65mph on the A1 when it did it in heavy traffic. Proper brown trouser moment for me I can tell you lol.