Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford ETIS question.

TehJazzi

Hi all, general question here..

My friend bought a Fiesta ST a few months ago and this morning he received two speeding fines from a camera somewhere up in Scotland. He's never been there so his plate has been cloned onto another Spirit Blue ST. Now as he's the 2nd owner of this car he's not sure if his is the cloned one or the other car.

We've ran the VIN through ETIS and there's no Registration Number, Registration Date or Registered Country attached to his VIN number and every other Ford car I know of that I've run through, including my Focus, has got all three of these fields. We're slightly concerned that something isn't quite right with his car now.

Has anyone got any advice as to if this is a normal occurrence with ETIS? I've also ran his registration through the site and it doesn't come back with anything. All checks that I can do on the registration number come back clean. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 2.19.38 pm.jpg

Very strange indeed......did your friend ever get any registration details from the DVLA, and I would also check with Ford a computer error could technically exist on Ford ETIS.   Strange indeed if your friend got details from DVLA compare the vin numbers to see if they match.

AS for the ticket, contact them about getting a copy of the photo from the camera.  If your car as been cloned the police might be help and sort this mess out.   Interesting post this, keep us upto date wont you,

48 minutes ago, Gaskell71 said:

Very strange indeed......did your friend ever get any registration details from the DVLA, and I would also check with Ford a computer error could technically exist on Ford ETIS.   Strange indeed if your friend got details from DVLA compare the vin numbers to see if they match.

AS for the ticket, contact them about getting a copy of the photo from the camera.  If your car as been cloned the police might be help and sort this mess out.   Interesting post this, keep us upto date wont you,

All registration documents have been received as you would expect. He bought it from a dealership (not a Ford one, but a Subaru one so its not some dodgy back alley garage type thing) 

All numbers on the car match up too. I'll advise him about getting a copy of the photo if he hasn't already got one (I haven't checked this yet) I've told him to get in contact with the local authority who issued the ticket in the mean time. 

• Like 1

Have you tried putting the reg in to search?

Also does it mention anything about territory on Etis for the car? Might just be an import from another RHD country.

18 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Have you tried putting the reg in to search?

Also does it mention anything about territory on Etis for the car? Might just be an import from another RHD country.

Registration bring back no results, its not in the database according to ETIS. The territory is GB so its definitely a UK car. 

registration number can sometimes not show up on etis, esp if it had private plate on by 1st owner. 

does registration come up on www.totalcarcheck.co.uk. with correct colour, reg date etc.

8 minutes ago, iantt said:

does registration come up on www.totalcarcheck.co.uk. with correct colour, reg date etc.

The build date doesn't show on the ETIS search for the VIN number so I can't check. Colour and model/trim level are all fine though. Build date was 24-02-14 and registration date on TotalCarCheck was 14-03-14 so it does seem to be in order.

I'm sure it's all legit and everything, I just thought it was a bit weird that there isn't a registration number/date/country linked to the VIN number on ETIS. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club