Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange cold clutch noise

xpeterpx

Hope someone can advise me please.

I'm experiencing a strange clutch 'groaning' noise when pulling away and raising the clutch but this only happens when the clutch is cold.

It seems fine, no slipping etc, but I get the 'groan' when the clutch is lifted to about half way and goes away when fully up or pressed. Only happens when i lift the clutch.Bit like something is rubbing just at that point?

(sorry for the poor description but hope you get what I mean!)

Thanks

Peter

I don't know the answer to this but I believe i have the same problem. It sounds almost like a spring/scraping sound. only does it once when its cold... following this post

The groaning sounds like the release bearing to me.

Is it worse on hills or heavy load?

Spring/scraping sounds more like DMF...

I'm thinking clutch release bearing.  bearing in mind the amount of work at getting to anything where the clutch is, it is probably one of those things you chose to put up with and keep your fingers crossed that it does not suddenly fail completely with further warning

After a bit of research I found the spring like noise to be the ABS test which usually happens when you first use the car between 10-15mph

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club