Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 61 Plate interior fan blower issue

mjm599

Hi All,

I have a 61 plate focus econetic 1.6 and the fan inside the car does not blow any air out on any of the 1, 2, 3 or 4 settings.

It does change from hot to cold fine when i adjust temp however just doesn blow any air out even with AC on or off or air recirculating on etc.

However when the fan is on 1, 2, 3, or 4 you can here it come on and you can here the sound of the fan however no air coming out

I think it could be either the blower motor or it could be the blower motor resistor?

What are your thoughts?

If its either of these do you know where the resistor is behind the glove box and whats involved to replace either of these as i looked under glove box and couldnt see the resistor at all?

Cheers,
Mike

If you can hear the fan then it's not the motor.

If you can hear the fan speed change with different settings it's not the resistor.

If the above are true, then it sounds like the actuator which opens the valves is either broken or stuck. Can you hear clicking when you adjust the vent position?

Yes the fan speed sound changes and when its on 4 you can clearly hear it.

I do not hear any clicking when changing the fan speed.

It has seemed to get gradually worse, as a few weeks ago if i held my hand about 5cm from the air vent i could feel air coming out however cant feel anything now and that's at all different road speeds like 20mph up to 70mph on the motorway.

Definitely sounds like something to do with the system which adjusts which vents the air comes out of, as when off, the vents shut.

It must not be working properly.

Just been out to do another test and the car has been off for 4 hours and still no difference when the car engine, components, etc all cold

However did turn the fan up to 4 then close all vents in the car apart from the one on left of steering wheel and then could feel air coming out, wasnt great and could only feel air once hand was about 2cm in front of the vent however could feel air coming out just no way near the strength it should be.

So with all air vents shut that is forcing it out of one vent and even then have to hold hand 2cm over to feel it.

Does that change or help to diagnose in any way?

check your pollen/odour filter isnt blocked up, when was it lastt changed?

Have you checked to see what the pollen filter condition is like as a blocked filter could cause this.

passenger footwell, black plastic cover to the right of footwell about an inch wide and 6 ins long, just pull the bottom of the cover out and top unhinges out.

Filter could certainly be blocked, but you should be able to hear the actuator moving the vents too...

ok thanks will check filter tomorrow.

Where is the actuator located are there any checks i can do on that such as fuse?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club