Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Modifications

BammBammUK

Hi guys,

So I have just been bought a 53 plate Ford Fusion 2, I'm just wondering has anyone had much success modifying these?

I was thinking about throwing an induction kit on it, Maybe lowering it, Some new wheels, Changing the front & back end for something a bit more stylish and tinting the windows, Also I want to do something with the headlights to stop it looking rather grandadish?.

Im not looking to do the whole boy racer thing, As it's my first year of driving, I've seen some bits and bobs done to the fusion, Just looking for some advice from older members on here.

Thanks

• Like 1

Whatever you do to it make sure it looks better than this!:laugh:

Screenshot_20161216-143728.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Whatever you do to it make sure it looks better than this!:laugh:

Screenshot_20161216-143728.png

😂, That's one that I see on here earlier, Not really my kind of thing tbh hahaha! Just want it to look a bit more modern haha

1 hour ago, BammBammUK said:

Hi guys,

So I have just been bought a 53 plate Ford Fusion 2, I'm just wondering has anyone had much success modifying these?

I was thinking about throwing an induction kit on it, Maybe lowering it, Some new wheels, Changing the front & back end for something a bit more stylish and tinting the windows, Also I want to do something with the headlights to stop it looking rather grandadish?.

Im not looking to do the whole boy racer thing, As it's my first year of driving, I've seen some bits and bobs done to the fusion, Just looking for some advice from older members on here.

Thanks

Don't bother with the body kit,

There are light brows available for the fusion from a german company cassed CSR Automotive.

http://de.csr-shop.info/Scheinwerferblenden-SB-Scheinwerferblenden-Boeser-Blick-Ford-Fusion-SB149/a44745933_u315/ 

lower it with Eibach springs on some 16" wheels when existing tyres need replacing and get the tracking aligned will be a fun car to drive.

change indicator bulbs to silvatec to remove the fried egg apperance, 

For some Cree led reverse bulbs and front fog light bulbs there a straight swap and shine 6000k white don't fit them to dipped or high beam lights though as led are not legal in those particular settings; for dipped and high beam use osram cool blue intence.

Some nice seat covers and upgrade the headunit to somthing more modern with bluetooth and even a reverse camera if desired, not a huge job to do perhaps a sub or speaker upgrade too.

when brakes need replacing fit some EBC green pads and some cross drilled discs, 

Also paint the brake calipers in colour of choice and paint the rear brake drums with hammerite smooth finish silver to make then look like brake discs when rolling.

dewiper the back window, 

Tint the rear Windows 35% dark 

Additional boot light, ignition ring light, front & rear footwell lighting.

Ford logo puddle lights in the doors.

sparco tow strap fitted to inside of boot door.

remove grills paint them gloss black and refit.

some tastefully applied signature decals along the rear side window sills.

not much else outside of this worth doing to be honest but with all that done it will stand out and look very clean. 

if it's a diesel then upgrade the induction filter and blank the egr valve, but if its petrol it doesnt need extra air flow as its not got a turbo and it wouldn't have an egr valve to blank, best thing for the petrol engine is a genuine ford fuel filter replacement, bro irridium spark plugs, genuine ford induction filter and a bottle of wynnes engine flush when changing the oil

Perhaps a bottle of holtz radiator flush and coolant replacement too. This all improves engine response as it keeps everything clean and lubricated. 

my build thread is here may give some inspiration 

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/&ved=0ahUKEwiBo639gvnQAhXIC8AKHQguBl4QFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGh_bCJKmlcN_ri5kRKDoAx4GjmZg

Also my full list of Guides here some of the lighting guides are much the same on your motor https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/&ved=0ahUKEwj63NTrgvnQAhWrB8AKHcORAiUQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNF_jUzFEqw5X3E-vCcv_8WqIoSgew 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

How about lowered, rally flaps, spoiler (a proper one made for a Fusion, not some horrible job nailing on an ill fitting Fiesta job) and RS vents?

n9O8Q0E.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hoffmann race tube and Sportex silencer going on next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiesta Hoffman race tube and Sportex silencer fitted.  Not as loud as I'd feared, a nice raspy bubble on WOT  but sensible the rest of the time.  Feels a bit sharper of the throttle too, must be a good 30BHP or more extra! 😂

• 1 month later...

hi all

I currently have a petrol fusion 2003 I'm looking to get some lowering springs and to improve my engine. I don't no were to look for the parts every time I look on Google they only have 2006 models and up were am I going wrong !!

thanks in advance 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club