Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screenwash Warning

Proz

Hi

I have had a 2015 1.5 ecoboost titanium for 2 months now and I have just ran out of screenwash..... doesn't the car warn you when it's getting low ? Every other car I have had has done this and I'd be really surprised if this doesn't.

So should I have had a warning it was getting low ?

Thanks.

It seems there is no hard and fast rule to this (reading many windscreen washer related posts on this and other forums). Some members cars have it while others with identical models don't. Others find the wiring in place and it simply needs activating. If the car doesn't have headlight washers it 90% unlikely to have such a warning..

Yeah I've been googling and found the same thing ... some do some don't. I'll have to try and get a look in daylight to see if there's any wiring etc.

I have no light washers and no warning [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It appears that I have no warning either. No light washers either. Can't believe its go no warning.

I thought Vauxhall was cheap with manual windows in the back lol ....

As has been mentioned elsewhere isn't it an MOT failure to have an empty screenwash  bottle ??

So if I just run out and unluckily get stopped by the police or end up in an accident before I can stop and fill up where do you stand ??

I have a 64 TitX and I get a visual warning next to the Speedo when screenwash is low. Same place as door open etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

I have a 64 TitX and I get a visual warning next to the Speedo when screenwash is low. Same place as door open etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I ran out of screenwash last night on the way to work and had no warning or received any warning at all so I have to assume I don't have it which I find almost unbelievable to be honest !!

The question still stands though as like last night when I ran out on my commute to work what happens if I had had an accident ..... I am sure its an MOT failure to have an empty screenwash bottle which technically means the car is unroadworthy at that time .

I thought I had moved up a step from being with Vauxhall for 20 years but now I'm beginning to wonder ???

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club