Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Should I sell due too mileage

Ken.K

So as most of you know I have been contemplating a change of my focus. Now with my new job I have worked out I will be doing 100 miles a day. Over a working month that is 2000 miles. Am averaging 39/40 mpg and doing 65-70mph. For a 1.6 petrol I am not sure if this is going to put too much wear and tear on the car.

Anyone doing similar or can offer a good advice. I love my car by the way.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The engine will be fine, motorway driving doesn't really put any strain it, start stop traffic is far worse.  Your bank balance won't be with the fuel bill though lol, but if you're willing to drive that far for a job I'd assume it pays well enough to cover that.

• Like 2

The engine will be fine, motorway driving doesn't really put any strain it, start stop traffic is far worse.  Your bank balance won't be with the fuel bill though lol, but if you're willing to drive that far for a job I'd assume it pays well enough to cover that.

It's coming to 60 quid a week but as a contractor it's company expense.

• Like 1

Ah I see, that's alright then! [emoji3] 

I was just worried about the car really. Am sure if I see a 1.8 zetec S I will jump on it better mpg. Thank you though

• Like 1

Honestly the engine will be fine, you're barely using any power to maintain 70, not much fuel used, not much heat created, no wear on the clutch as you're not using it for miles at a time.  Obviously you'll get more wear on tyres and suspension but the engine won't even notice it. :smile: 

I take it you mean a 1.8 TDCI ZS?  I doubt the 1.8 petrol would be any better on fuel than the 1.6.

Honestly the engine will be fine, you're barely using any power to maintain 70, not much fuel used, not much heat created, no wear on the clutch as you're not using it for miles at a time.  Obviously you'll get more wear on tyres and suspension but the engine won't even notice it. [emoji2] 
I take it you mean a 1.8 TDCI ZS?  I doubt the 1.8 petrol would be any better on fuel than the 1.6.

Just checked that on honest John and yeah the petrol is 40mpg Diesel says 60 but real world 50s. Cheers for that shout

• Like 1

If the fuel costs are covered, then just keep it!  Petrol engines cope with long journeys just fine, the only downside is the lower MPG.

If you like this car then keep it and don't worry about mileage :smile:

• Like 1

Plus, better to put mileage on a lower value car like your current one, since there's not much depreciation to be had left.

If only I was a contractor lol, I wouldn't give a hoot about MPG, and could stop driving like a granny. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Incontro said:

Plus, better to put mileage on a lower value car like your current one, since there's not much depreciation to be had left.

If only I was a contractor lol, I wouldn't give a hoot about MPG, and could stop driving like a granny. :mellow:

lol :smile:

If only I was a contractor lol, I wouldn't give a hoot about MPG, and could stop driving like a granny. mellow.png

There's that as well but also common sense comes to play as well. If not it would be an MPS or ST2 [emoji16][emoji16].

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club