Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CAN Bus or not ???

Steve 1262

Hi all.

Have just recently purchased a Mk3 Focus Titanium (first reg March 2011). Really like the car and well appointed after owning a VW van for the last ten years.

What I would like to know is does this model have "conventional electrics" or is it a CAN Bus system and if so what is the quickest way to identify it as such.  I left the motor trade about ten years ago when CAN Bus was getting established and although I understand the principle behind it I have never had to do any work/mods to a system.

I was thinking about changing some of the bulbs for LED and need to know if this will conflict with CAN Bus.

Vehicle details: Mk3 Titanium, 1.6 zetec, petrol.

Thanks folks.

Hi all.
Have just recently purchased a Mk3 Focus Titanium (first reg March 2011). Really like the car and well appointed after owning a VW van for the last ten years.
What I would like to know is does this model have "conventional electrics" or is it a CAN Bus system and if so what is the quickest way to identify it as such.  I left the motor trade about ten years ago when CAN Bus was getting established and although I understand the principle behind it I have never had to do any work/mods to a system.
I was thinking about changing some of the bulbs for LED and need to know if this will conflict with CAN Bus.
Vehicle details: Mk3 Titanium, 1.6 zetec, petrol.
Thanks folks.

Hi mate, to my knowledge yes its can bus. Although i have mk2.5 & believe thats also can bus
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Steve 1262 said:

I was thinking about changing some of the bulbs for LED and need to know if this will conflict with CAN Bus

The short answer is yes. I think the interior lighting might not be monitored on the CAN bus - maybe someone else may be able to confirm that - but all the exterior road-legal lighting will be.

If you've read other threads on this subject you may already be aware that a CAN-bus friendly LED lamp has to have a parallel resistor that makes it draw a similar current to the filament lamps and is therefore no more efficient. The only advantage is its higher colour temperature and potentially longer life, although the heat generated by the resistor can seriously shorten the life of some types.

Yes they're CAN-bus I changed my sidelights to LED (CAN-bus friendly) and they're great.

Thank's guy's.

I'll kep my eyes open for any more comments but that's been helpfull, cheers.

Steve W

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club