Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford privilege - an extra £1000 off!

daisbuys

Wongy do you mind me asking how old you are?

I ask because Ford Credit are really tight with giving Finance out now for under 21's. I have sold cars to 3 under 21's recently and as of this month every under 21 needs to provid 3 months bank statements and an overdraft facility letter becuase they need to see that you can afford the cost of the monthly payment and the insurance (basically make sure you have enough desposable income) This is worked out on a % of your wage. If you are getting £400 it maybe difficult but all you can do is try. Ford declined 1 of the 3. Accepted the other, and 1 week later are still thinking about the other. Just a warning so if you looking to do it prob sooner rather than later because if you do it 4 days before end of year and Ford credit dont respond for a few days then the VAT and that will change. Also Ford aint really bothering with Garentors now either. Basically they would like you to be able to pass on your own merit

**Sorry just saw you said you not 21 till 2011**

Wongy do you mind me asking how old you are?

I ask because Ford Credit are really tight with giving Finance out now for under 21's. I have sold cars to 3 under 21's recently and as of this month every under 21 needs to provid 3 months bank statements and an overdraft facility letter becuase they need to see that you can afford the cost of the monthly payment and the insurance (basically make sure you have enough desposable income) This is worked out on a % of your wage. If you are getting £400 it maybe difficult but all you can do is try. Ford declined 1 of the 3. Accepted the other, and 1 week later are still thinking about the other. Just a warning so if you looking to do it prob sooner rather than later because if you do it 4 days before end of year and Ford credit dont respond for a few days then the VAT and that will change. Also Ford aint really bothering with Garentors now either. Basically they would like you to be able to pass on your own merit

**Sorry just saw you said you not 21 till 2011**

I was 21 when I bought my first brand new car ( 08 Fiesta Style ) which was bought last April. I wanted to finance £4800 with Ford, and boy was it a massive game.

Put it into perspective, this was my circumstances:

- I had a job paying £14000 a year

- I was living with partners parents - therefore no official rent to pay

- I had no other credit agreements

- I had never taken out any loans before

- I was not black listed or had a bad credit score

- I had been in employment with the same employer 2 years

To get finance, Ford wanted:

- 12 months banks statements ( Yes 12 months! )

- 12 months payslips

- last 2 P45's

- Something with previous address on

- Copy of bank card, driving license and all the usual stuff.

- Wanted to ring me at work so they could confirm I worked there!

In the end, I got the finance but it was after a long slog! I have recently just bought a Titanium, and taken out £5085 on finance. I went in to sign the papers yesterday, and collect the car on Tuesday. So far, Ford have not batted an eyelid. Maybe its because I have already had finance with them, and I am now over 21 ( I am 22 ). I wouldn't mind, but I have only been in my current job for 3 months ( granted its much more pay than my old job, and my circumstances are the same ).

To Wongy - I don't know for certain, but i believe your chances of i) getting finance with Ford and ii) affording the car even if they grant you a finance deal, whilst you are earning just £400pm are very slim. Sorry :(

no guys i wont be financing the car myself, obvioulsy i will get my dad to finance the car then il pay him back accordingly :) so dont worry about that just wana get a rough idea of how much financing will be!

If the scrappage car is in your name then the finance has to be in your name too Ford Credit will only allowe this. You cant get your dad to finance it if the scrappage car is in your name. Only way round it is buy it cash and get your dad to get a loan from a bank

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club