Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights

zetecred89

Best to thoroughly check the wording of the relevant DOT/MOT and EU laws on this subject so that you can be 100% sure on the legality - otherwise someone with a less informed viewpoint may try to punish you for it! :P

I may do some research on this myself - although i would probably wiat to retro-fit the genuine Ford items rather than an eBay jobbie myself, but each to their own ;)

Let us know how you get on if you do fit them - i think they look good if fitted properly :)

I saw this a while ago, looks like dipped headlights permanently on all new vehicles from 2011. Downside is this will impact fuel economy and I doubt it will make mucvh difference to motorists deaths in the UK. On the upside there will be a lot more donors motorcyclists at risk as nobody will be able to spot them with all the cars about with faulty lights.

I saw this a while ago, looks like dipped headlights permanently on all new vehicles from 2011. Downside is this will impact fuel economy and I doubt it will make mucvh difference to motorists deaths in the UK. On the upside there will be a lot more donors motorcyclists at risk as nobody will be able to spot them with all the cars about with faulty lights.

I don't think these will have any impact on motorcylclists' safety - not sure why you'd say they would? :unsure:

As for fuel economy, i believe the reason that manufacturers are fitting LEDs as the DRLs is because they consume far less power, and therefore have less of an effect on fuel consumption ;)

I don't think these will have any impact on motorcylclists' safety - not sure why you'd say they would? :unsure:

As for fuel economy, i believe the reason that manufacturers are fitting LEDs as the DRLs is because they consume far less power, and therefore have less of an effect on fuel consumption ;)

The article I read (possible Auto Express bat a few months back) I think was written by a motorcyclist and had something to do with the fact that a vehicle with the headlights on behind a motorcycle in daylight will obscure the motorcyclist. There was also lots of stuff about the the mind set of a motorist when manouvering and what they may or may not look for during daylight and the differences with nightime. The article specifically talked about dipped headlights and not the LED lights that are appearing on some models now I haven't seen a specific spec yet so LEDs maybe ok as long as the usual rules about glare to other drivers and pedestrians are followed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club