Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2015 zetec s/st-line want to make lights automatic?

Chris_W

According to Google. That is an antenna control module. It has stamped on it "433 Mhz" which suggests it has something to do with your keys/unlocking.

You're liable to blow up your keyless entry if you try it!

1 minute ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

According to Google. That is an antenna control module. It has stamped on it "433 Mhz" which suggests it has something to do with your keys/unlocking.

2 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

correct is central locking/keyless entry thank you and wilko who told me a few mins ago cheers

On 3/20/2017 at 1:45 PM, DJ_Andy_M said:

Pretty sure the 2014-present has it mounted with the rain sensor. I'll need to check it out next time its not raining, but that's what a quick search of ebay and these forums turns up.

Just to confirm this. I shoved a rag over my rain sensor and my lights came on.

• 1 month later...

just an update haven't had much time to compile the guide yet. but will be still doing it.

• 3 months later...

You will probably find that the key entry system runs on the same wiring canbus system as the rain sensor etc canbus system is only 2 wires transmit and receive network 

• 1 year later...

Hi,just my first post here. I have a focus sportbreak 2015 trend, without auto lights. I have been searching deep to retrofit the auto headlights. I contacted a guy with a 2015 focus car selling for spare parts and which had the Auto mode light switch. For my surprise, when I asked for the sensor on the rear mirror, he took a picture and found it was empty, just the GPS square module was on it, exactly as mine.

My conclusion, that rounded sensor on the rear mirror is not neccesary if only auto lights control is installed, and the light sensor should be the one on dashboard (same as air sensor).

Maybe when getting aldo the rain sensor it will use same sensor for auto lighting?

Not clearly sure how just autolight works, but what I have seen with my eyes is a focus 2015 with autolight swith on it working perfectly that hasnt got any sensor on the rear mirror.

If I wonder just the auto light, without auto windshield wipers, which parts should I need?just the lights switch and the wiring to bcm?

Thanks so much for all given info.

Isn't it on the screen rather than the mirror itself?

Mine is mk3. 5 though but Ive got 3 sensors there. One for rain, one for active city stop (which I still don't know if works) and thought third was for lights.

Someone will know better than me though.

The rain sensor on the windscreen does the auto lights as well.there is a guide for doing this retrofit on here somewhere. Not difficult at all. 

• Like 1

Could be possible that for models with autolights and without rain sensor the sensor that does autolight function is located on tje dashboard?

Otherwise I cannot explain how the focus from 2015 that I have seen has the autolight switch ("A" position) but hasnt got the rounded sensor on the windscreen (plugged behing rear mirror)

So, if light+rain is adquired, the sensor for both would be the rounded one on the rear mirror(windscreen) and if just autolighys is adquired, the sensor that acts would be the one on the dashboard(upfeont in the middle)?

Thanks for clarifying

AsI do show here, picdfeom the same car, auto postion switch and no "rain/light"sensor,and autolighting is working perfectly, so for this case anyn other partshould do the sensor function.Question is it, is the one in the middle of dashboard?

IMG-20190227-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190304-WA0007.jpg

The sensor on the dash is for the auto climate control (sun load sensor) and nothing to do with lights.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

I wish they could make the sensors better. I've heard to do with equinox or something but you'd think it would have improved over the years. I owned an 03 plate clio years back with auto headlights and feel they are no better now in my 17 plate focus. Come on when clearly not needed.
Recently I've also got concerned that as someone waits to pull out a junction my lights auto come on, and although they shouldn't, they pull out thinking I've flashed them out.
Don't get me started on those cornering lights too on cars.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, Jezza54 said:

Are you sure you want it? I never use it on mine. I decide if lights are necessary. Auto lights don't work in foggy conditions

That's the only time you need to manually switch them on, all other times (tunnels, night time, rain etc) they come on themselves.

Why wouldn't you want it????

I would just use the lights with this mod , as the car I have just now has /autolights and I would forget to put them on.

Did.a guide get made for this mod 

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am trying to retrofit auto headlights, without rain sensing sensor (i have no modules behing rerview mirror on the windshield).

So far auto headlight switch is installed, auto headlights were enabled with FOCCCUS.

I have now the option to enable rain light, and set a delay for the lamp.

My problem is that at day when there is good visibility and light, the headlamps do not go off.

My question is only ambi-light sensor used to determine the light level or I should get some other sensor, or I need to enable something additional in FOCCCUS?

(If it does make a difference DLR was retrofitted with Osram DLR integrated into the fog lights)

Thank you!

Levente

You need the rain sensor wired up. This works the auto lights by sensing the light level. The lights have defaulted on due to this 

• 2 months later...

I received now the rainsensor from AliExpress, but I should have checked if it is possible to mount it on a windscreen which is by factory without a sensor.

Is there a guide maybe for that, is it possible?

• 3 months later...

I have followed @Chris_Wtutorial document

I have connected the red/purple wire to pin 13 and brown/purple wire to pin 17. I have used a loom like his and stripped it down.

I have grounded the wire using the grounding bolts on the roof for the heated windscreen and did a continuity test to see if it is grounded (it is)

I activated rain sensor and autolights using Forscan

But i am getting a DTC for the rain sensor 

image.thumb.png.36d0865050a22ddae399e3f3f02cffa4.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club