• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

I have a p100 1990 1.8 diesel . It is missing a bit and smoking badly.  The smoke is blueish  and worse on idle . Clears a bit when revved and smells of diesel. Anyone got an idea  what the problem could be and how to fix. Thanks in advance . Amanda

what you mean by missing? Blue smoke is a sign of burning oil

It is just running lumpy. And if you rev it it runs ok but then after a min of idling it starts lumping again I don't think it's oil as the smoke smells really bad of diesel

would be worth checking any crank case breather pipes, make sure they ain't blocked, ideally need to figger out weather its burning oil or if its fule.

have you just bought it like this, or was it fine and got worse gradually, or was fine one day and then the next day suddenly went like this?

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, Sparky125 said:

would be worth checking any crank case breather pipes, make sure they ain't blocked, ideally need to figger out weather its burning oil or if its fule.

Have you checked the above and the Turbo oil seals both of these  can cause blue smoke on a diesel and considering that its a 1990 I would definitely check the crankcase breather first On my older car before I had this one it often filled up with what looked like thick grease had to poke it out with a stick.