Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help turning my focus mk2 into a st replica

youngkellie86

Hi all this is my first post on here. Before i start though it would be nice to buy an st i just cant afford one and would take me a long while to save for one due to just having a baby. Another reason i cant really buy one as i want a 5 door. I wont be going to mad and try and pass it off as a real st i just like the look of them. I have already changed the alloys to black 18" and that has just set the car off. I am now looking to change the front and rear bumper, break calipers, side skirts, rear spoiler and seats also to change to lowering springs and fit wheel spacers.  Is there anyone that could give me any guidance on this. I have been looking into it for weeks but anyone i have spoken to gives me a half hearted answers. Also some sites it is just not clear what part will or wont fit. I own a 5 door ford focus mk2 1.6 tdci. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Brakes and suspension isn't my forte but trim is easier.
Rear bumper us a straight swap but you'll have dramas with the twin exhaust layout.
ST's have a large back box that takes up a lot more space than standard, resulting in a higher boot floor to allow for it and therefore no space for a spare tyre.
Front bumper is a straight swap but upper grille is smaller than standard models and fog lights / mounts are different too.
I think the bumper mounts may be different as well but not 100% on that.
Side skirts are difficult because of only having 2 doors, better option is Zetec S skirts.
Under the car are 2 channels ( one either side) with plastic inserts, remove them and skirts screw into same location (clips needed for front /rear caps).
Spoiler is a straight swap, you just need to extend the washer hose & swap the ST / ZS brake light connector over for the original one as the sockets are different.
Best of luck with your projrct and keep us up to date, we'll help with finding parts if help is needed and where possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Brakes and suspension isn't my forte but trim is easier.
Rear bumper us a straight swap but you'll have dramas with the twin exhaust layout.
ST's have a large back box that takes up a lot more space than standard, resulting in a higher boot floor to allow for it and therefore no space for a spare tyre.
Front bumper is a straight swap but upper grille is smaller than standard models and fog lights / mounts are different too.
I think the bumper mounts may be different as well but not 100% on that.
Side skirts are difficult because of only having 2 doors, better option is Zetec S skirts.
Under the car are 2 channels ( one either side) with plastic inserts, remove them and skirts screw into same location (clips needed for front /rear caps).
Spoiler is a straight swap, you just need to extend the washer hose & swap the ST / ZS brake light connector over for the original one as the sockets are different.
Best of luck with your projrct and keep us up to date, we'll help with finding parts if help is needed and where possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. After posting i have found i like the zetec s bumpers more then the st. I have purchased the front and rear bumpers at a steal of a price. They are the same colour code as my car so no need to get them repainted so even better and have checked and they will be a straight swap and no need to worry about the exhaust. Only thing i am concerned about is the rear sensors as the new bumper doesnt have these so i am now looking into if i can just swap thr rear defuser rather then the whole bumper. I would be greatful if anyone could help me find the side skirts. I have been searching but cant find any. My car is frozen white so if anyone has some and in that colour then i would be over the moon. I will be sure to take photos during the transformation 

the rear zetec-s skirt will come of the rear bumper and then just reattach to your bumper fella as I have had the zetec-s skirt fitted to my standard zetec bumper you could also look for a set of decent st recaro seats from the focus st as I have had the seats swaped for the cloth recaros and it is a straight swap too look forward to seeing the pics.

1 hour ago, b4zz said:

the rear zetec-s skirt will come of the rear bumper and then just reattach to your bumper fella as I have had the zetec-s skirt fitted to my standard zetec bumper you could also look for a set of decent st recaro seats from the focus st as I have had the seats swaped for the cloth recaros and it is a straight swap too look forward to seeing the pics.

I have been looking for the seats also but wasnt sure if they would go due to the st being a 3 door and mine is a 5 door. Are the seats not different? The skirts im looking for are the ones to go down the sides under the doors, cant seem to find anyone selling atm

7 hours ago, youngkellie86 said:

I have been looking for the seats also but wasnt sure if they would go due to the st being a 3 door and mine is a 5 door. Are the seats not different? The skirts im looking for are the ones to go down the sides under the doors, cant seem to find anyone selling atm

yea I think the skirts are a little bit hard to find just got to keep looking on e bay and hope you get lucky mate. As for the seats the 3 door ones will go into your 5 door it just means that you will have the handle on the front seats that make them tilt or just hold on for a set of five door seats to come up like I did.

39 minutes ago, b4zz said:

yea I think the skirts are a little bit hard to find just got to keep looking on e bay and hope you get lucky mate. As for the seats the 3 door ones will go into your 5 door it just means that you will have the handle on the front seats that make them tilt or just hold on for a set of five door seats to come up like I did.

Just missed out on some side skirts on facebook :( i will defo look into the seats now i know they fit. Thanks for your help

20 hours ago, youngkellie86 said:

Thank you so much. After posting i have found i like the zetec s bumpers more then the st. I have purchased the front and rear bumpers at a steal of a price. They are the same colour code as my car so no need to get them repainted so even better and have checked and they will be a straight swap and no need to worry about the exhaust. Only thing i am concerned about is the rear sensors as the new bumper doesnt have these so i am now looking into if i can just swap thr rear defuser rather then the whole bumper. I would be greatful if anyone could help me find the side skirts. I have been searching but cant find any. My car is frozen white so if anyone has some and in that colour then i would be over the moon. I will be sure to take photos during the transformation 

Take it your on about parking sensors and when I had to get a replacement rear bumper I thought I'd have the same problem but the replacement bumper will have some round template holes you can just cut out with a hole cutter as I did. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club