Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OMG, ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

calmcdermott

Finally after 12 weeks of waiting my Fezza is finally at the dealership waiting to be prepped and HPI'd, passed the service gates this morning on my commute to work and it caught my eye, im really giddy now and can't wait for the phone call to tell me it's ready!!!!!!!

Was wondering about everyone else's waiting time and if they have had any problems with their orders????

Finally after 12 weeks of waiting my Fezza is finally at the dealership waiting to be prepped and HPI'd, passed the service gates this morning on my commute to work and it caught my eye, im really giddy now and can't wait for the phone call to tell me it's ready!!!!!!!

Was wondering about everyone else's waiting time and if they have had any problems with their orders????

Only 12 weeks??? Lucky sod.

Mine too is at the dealers awaiting prep, etc.

When I ordered mine though - I still had the remnants of an English summer sun tan !!!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ps. My delivery time was 13 weeks and I picked mine up back in mid-June, also I had no problems with my order at all! (Unless you count the never ending wait)

That's brilliant news ... you must be over the moon.

Mine took about ten weeks to arrive, though it was initially meant for the dealership themselves to use as a display model/demonstrator, and they allowed me to have it instead, (saved a few extra weeks of waiting). No problems with it at all, and the whole ordering/delivery process went perfectly well.

Happy motoring. :)

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Only 12 weeks??? Lucky sod.

Mine too is at the dealers awaiting prep, etc.

When I ordered mine though - I still had the remnants of an English summer sun tan !!!

When did you order yours Nightowl? Mine was ordered on the 16th Oct........

Ordered mine 21st May last year during 1st week of scrappage scheme.

Finally picked it up on 24th September. Just over 4 months! :o

In regards to what Jonny 87 and Sarc were saying about their orders, My problems started 2 weeks into the build when my dealership rang me and said they havent even started building it yet as there was a problem fitting the interior pack so i told them to take it off and left it as that, when i went to call back a while later I was told it wasn't the interior pack that was the problem, it was the bluetooth and I could have it fitted but it will delayed until later this year and i would have to pay an extra £500 becuase of the VAT increase, i was like :blink: !!! so i told them to take the bluetooth off the order and keep the interior pack on.

Has anyone else had to sacrifice anything from there order? and could I get the original ford bluetooth fitted anywhere else as thats one thing i really wanted as my current car has it and il feel lost without it.

Thanks guys and girls!

Ordered mine 21st May last year during 1st week of scrappage scheme.

Finally picked it up on 24th September. Just over 4 months! :o

WOW and I was complaining about my wait! i would have cancelled it by then and gone for another make of car.

In regards to what Jonny 87 and Sarc were saying about their orders, My problems started 2 weeks into the build when my dealership rang me and said they havent even started building it yet as there was a problem fitting the interior pack so i told them to take it off and left it as that, when i went to call back a while later I was told it wasn't the interior pack that was the problem, it was the bluetooth and I could have it fitted but it will delayed until later this year and i would have to pay an extra £500 becuase of the VAT increase, i was like :blink: !!! so i told them to take the bluetooth off the order and keep the interior pack on.

Has anyone else had to sacrifice anything from there order? and could I get the original ford bluetooth fitted anywhere else as thats one thing i really wanted as my current car has it and il feel lost without it.

Thanks guys and girls!

Surely your dealer could have secured the price you originally ordered the car for?! I doubt you'll be able to get the bluetooth to be honest mate (at a reasonable price), It requires a full different display unit etc. iirc? I think people are still struggling to retro fit just the USB. Maybe just have to go for an aftermarket system?

When did you order yours Nightowl? Mine was ordered on the 16th Oct........

September 25th was my original delivery date...and I'm picking it up next Tuesday January 19th. :blink:

Had a few rows with the dealer along the way - cancelled it once but changed my mind (don't ask!) and considered a new VW Golf or Mini instead.

Stuck with the Fezzie though as I do like it - especially with the bodykit/colour/bits I've added. And - I gotta say - there really aren't that many good little cars on the market today imho.

But will I ever buy another Ford ever again? Possibly - but not from the same dealer - that's for sure! They are Britain's oldest Ford dealer too btw. Heaven knows how they've lasted all these years!!!

Surely your dealer could have secured the price you originally ordered the car for?! I doubt you'll be able to get the bluetooth to be honest mate (at a reasonable price), It requires a full different display unit etc. iirc? I think people are still struggling to retro fit just the USB. Maybe just have to go for an aftermarket system?

Yea, I can always ask, oh well!!! I have seen an aftermarket parrot system at Halford for £189.00 the dealer was gunna do the top bluetooth for £100 so im spending more really.

September 25th was my original delivery date...and I'm picking it up next Tuesday January 19th. :blink:

Had a few rows with the dealer along the way - cancelled it once but changed my mind (don't ask!) and considered a new VW Golf or Mini instead.

Stuck with the Fezzie though as I do like it - especially with the bodykit/colour/bits I've added. And - I gotta say - there really aren't that many good little cars on the market today imho.

But will I ever buy another Ford ever again? Possibly - but not from the same dealer - that's for sure! They are Britain's oldest Ford dealer too btw. Heaven knows how they've lasted all these years!!!

I haven't had any rows with my dealer but i think thaey have fobbed me off and I work in Sales for an insurance company!!!! Im just a complete sucker lol I dont like conflict, I dont think I will use the same dealer again as they say they will chase things up and call you back but they never will!!!

In regards to cancelling my order I was going to get the Volvo C30 as I think it's gorgeous and it's around the same price, I heard that Volvo were knocking off £3K from the price as they weren't selling but they are more on the old insurance and me being 19 need insurance as cheap as i can get as i would have paid £2k this yea for mine!!!

I didn't know they were the uk's oldest dealer but I love how they have improved there look drematically with this Kinetic design looks awsum!!!

So from intial order to delivery you have had to wait how long exactly??

So from intial order to delivery you have had to wait how long exactly??

I dont know if you mean me, but Iv had to wait just under 12 weeks, I am picking the car up tomorrow!

I don't know why anyone would wait weeks or months for a new car I just don't have the patience for that. If I was told there would be more than 1 maybe at a pinch 2 weeks wait I would simply find another dealer or manufacturer who could deliver quicker, no car is good enough to make me wait.

I don't know why anyone would wait weeks or months for a new car I just don't have the patience for that. If I was told there would be more than 1 maybe at a pinch 2 weeks wait I would simply find another dealer or manufacturer who could deliver quicker, no car is good enough to make me wait.

No manufacturer will provide a factory order car within one week! You crazy! Not even Bentley or Ferrari or any other £100,000+ car maker! Unless you are Obama or maybe the Queen!

Blimey! If you can't even wait 2 weeks for brand new car to be built for you, then I dread to think about the state you must get yourself into at a supermarket checkout or cashpoint!!

"no car is good enough to make me wait" get over yourself!

No manufacturer will provide a factory order car within one week! You crazy! Not even Bentley or Ferrari or any other £100,000+ car maker! Unless you are Obama or maybe the Queen!

Blimey! If you can't even wait 2 weeks for brand new car to be built for you, then I dread to think about the state you must get yourself into at a supermarket checkout or cashpoint!!

"no car is good enough to make me wait" get over yourself!

i hate to jump in here but when my dad ordered his x-trail he got a call about a week later saying it was ready to be picked up.

i hate to jump in here but when my dad ordered his x-trail he got a call about a week later saying it was ready to be picked up.

Your Dad got a factory build car made and shipped from the far east within a week?

I suppose it all depends on what spec and what colour you order the car.

My mate is using the scrappage scheme to get a Toyota Yaris. He wants a top spec in red with no added options, he's having it within two weeks.

The likelihoods are is that there is a batch of top spec red Yaris's already in the country that he is getting.

However, Ford's waiting times are rediculous, if i were in a position to buy a MK7 i would almost definately buy one that's already made and already in the country, some people deserve to be honoured by the queen with the waits they have had!!

I know its a pain waiting isnt it, but at least at the end its worth the wait (hopefully) lol! :lol:

I suppose it all depends on what spec and what colour you order the car.

My mate is using the scrappage scheme to get a Toyota Yaris. He wants a top spec in red with no added options, he's having it within two weeks.

The likelihoods are is that there is a batch of top spec red Yaris's already in the country that he is getting.

However, Ford's waiting times are rediculous, if i were in a position to buy a MK7 i would almost definately buy one that's already made and already in the country, some people deserve to be honoured by the queen with the waits they have had!!

Wow thats quick! I was thinking about one but I would have felt like my Grandad lol!

Btw i like the statement about ur car in ur signiture thing, everytime I see a fiesta like yours that pops in ma head everytime, love it!

Some people are lucky that they chose a model that's just waiting to be shipped; mine took 4 days to arrive... must be a record nearly?

Was it Hendy?

Indeed it was!

Named & shamed.

I ordered a brand new ST-3 off them and when they screwed up the paperwork multiple times, I cancelled the order. They claimed I couldn't and that they were keeping my deposit of £350 as a result. I was 21 at the time and embarrassed their supposed senior manager by quoting the law to him and correcting his mistakes, much to his annoyance. At this point they still refused to give me my deposit.

Called the credit card company, money returned via charge-back, with interest as well, so Ford actually lost out by £6.50 and a £22,000 car.

On another occasion, it took one of their mechanics four attempts to balance a 14" wheel on my old Fiesta. Granted it was a Rapid Fit, but nonetheless - they sucked big time. My family, all Ford owners, now refuse to go there after various instances of disgraceful customer service.

Almost as bad as Polar Ford in Warrington, who should be ashamed of themselves for making a deal on a forecourt for 'the lowest they can do', only for their website to already be £500 cheaper before any discounts. I told their sales manager where they could shove it when he pestered me for the sale.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club