Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help me choose...

Strutter

The fiesta to me isn't that great looking :huh:

Untill you add that bodykit and spoiler :lol:

I'll be going down the ZS route when I hopefully get around to buying mine next month. Going through Ford Direct you can get some brilliant prices! I'll hopefully get a Zetec S with the street pack & side skirts, then get the USB/bluetooth added later on if i cant find one that has it already included.

Cant wait for February now, been saving up for ages I'm ready to empty my saving account :o

Test drive at the end of the month also, living in Cornwall I have to wait for the demonstration season to start again because there are no Zetec S's down here to Demo

I have actually found a Ford Direct dealer here so have mailed them the spec of car im looking for to see what they come back with, should be interesting.

Good one Stutter

If not, you could use the Ford Direct Site and find the colour/price you like

take dog the reg number and go to the dealship so they can get more details about it.

I don't think it matters how far away the car is, because they pay to send the car down once your happy to buy it.

Ford Direct seems the best way to get a MK7 secondhand at this date. Because you get loads of extra services.

Like extended warrenty, AA inspection, 7 days free insurance on Ford Insure.

:D

Help you choose????????

To be honest if I was about to spend £12,000+ then I would want to make decisions myself. I am about as indecisive as it gets and I managed it ok! If this is so much of a problem for you then you can give the money to me and I'll buy a Fiesta for you!

From what you've said so far in this thread it sounds like you want a fully spec'ed car. So go any buy a fully spec'ed car. Else you will be disappointed weeks down the line.

So many people on here have ended up with Fiestas that aren't fully what they want just because they were too impatient to wait for a factory build or because they fannyed about with options list. Now every week we have people complaining that they dont have bluetooth, they dont have USB, they dont have ambient lighting, they dont even have a spare wheel ffs.

My advice is don't buy a car that people on here tell you to buy, get a car that you want to buy.

Failing that, buy a Titanium and tick every options box - Thats what I did and I am damn happy as a result......

Go forth and spill cash Strutter!!! :)

Thanks very much for all the feedback and the SA Andrew! lol, but it puts across that the Titanium version is the one to have.

I wasnt OVERLY struck on the new shape, but saw the full kit on it from the members in here, in white and that changed everything, esp with the larger wheels, I think the arches needed more filling for me.

So looks like im happy with the Titanium, the full USB iPod connection (have my own car cable so I assume its the standard iPod dock connection to a standard USB?)

In White

Full Kit

The 17" Alloys

Im even more excited because in Belfast I havnt seen a new MKVII with a full kit, spoiler looks good lol.

Prob in about 2 weeks I will go and slap my diposit down (how much is that usually?), from what I have read here im looking at the very best about 10-12 weeks before anything would arrive if im lucky, being in Belfast im willing to bet it takes that bit longer to arrive!.

Is their anything else I should consider?....I thought about the start/stop button, but then I figured it would be fun for about a month or so then just become the norm, or it would be something else just to go wrong on a car.

Im crap at haggleing tho.

I was jsut going for the 1.4, how is the fuel economy on them?...the Petrol on my current fiesta was very very good, so IM kinda going with what I know and hoping its round about as good.

As far as I'm aware, you need the Ford Y Cable that utilises the USB and the 2.5mm jack plug. Personally, if I was you I'd just use a USB stick, does everything an iPod does and you can leave it in your car 24/7 without the hassle of removing and plugging it in.

The fiesta to me isn't that great looking :huh:

Untill you add that bodykit and spoiler :lol:

I'll be going down the ZS route when I hopefully get around to buying mine next month. Going through Ford Direct you can get some brilliant prices! I'll hopefully get a Zetec S with the street pack & side skirts, then get the USB/bluetooth added later on if i cant find one that has it already included.

Cant wait for February now, been saving up for ages I'm ready to empty my saving account :o

Test drive at the end of the month also, living in Cornwall I have to wait for the demonstration season to start again because there are no Zetec S's down here to Demo

If you want USB, do NOT buy a car that hasn't got it. There are loads of cars countrywide with this option, shop around or else you'll be in the same boat as everyone else who now wants the USB and didn't think of getting it at order time.

How on earth did Ford mange to balls the iPod connection up?, universally the iPod dock connection and the USB carried the sound, but on the FIesta you have to use their own proprietry one?, and they actually use a 2.5 jack to carry the sound?...so do they jsut use the usb for access controls and to display information?

TBH, I leave my 30gb iPod in the car with everything on it then jsut like to hit shuffle unless I have some new stuff put onto it.

But does a stand alone USB Stick carry the sound via JUST the USB Connection?,

How on earth did Ford mange to balls the iPod connection up?, universally the iPod dock connection and the USB carried the sound, but on the FIesta you have to use their own proprietry one?, and they actually use a 2.5 jack to carry the sound?...so do they jsut use the usb for access controls and to display information?

TBH, I leave my 30gb iPod in the car with everything on it then jsut like to hit shuffle unless I have some new stuff put onto it.

But does a stand alone USB Stick carry the sound via JUST the USB Connection?,

yep, stick it in and as long as the music is in unprotected MP3 format it will play. You can use shuffle and all the other features with the USB stick. the thing is with the iPod, there's really nowhere to leave it hidden away.

Well went to see the dealer again, some good news in that the original quote he added the £500 odd for metallic paint, and seeing as I want the Artic White thats dropped off and its comming to about £150 for the blutooth and USB optional extra.

Also went for a proper test drive, but really what can ya do when the sales man is sitting beside you, ride feels high tho, and it feels like a much bigger car than my current (06) fiesta, much better on the motorway tho!

The electric steering at lower speeds feels abit !Removed! weird tho, goes abit numb at the very slow speeds, and the dashbaord reach to the wind screen is massive, i was looking tryig to work out the physics of it lol.

Anywho, either next week or the week after ill be sticking the deposit down, sales person checked for me and told me they had a Titanium White going in for staock anyways, so he can jsut add in the my optional extras to the car and it may only take about 8 weeks till arrival.

Thanks for all the generous input tho, really appreicated.

Good stuff strutter! I also had a mk6 before and the difference in ride and refinement between the two cars is huge. I know what you mean about the distance between the dash and the windscreen in the mk7 - it makes me feel a lot safer whilst driving as you now sit in the car rather than 'on top of' the dash as it felt in the mk6. The only things like that that take some getting used to are learning where the end of the bonnet is (you can't see a thing whilst parking) and the fact that the wing mirrors are now much further back along the car and quite a bit bigger than the previous model. I agree with you about the handling though, the electric power steering in the mk7 is nowhere near as responsive or full of feel as the hydraulic mk6 setup but you get used to it quickly and it's still a rewarding drive compared to the other new superminis in the class and it's easier to manouver whilst parking.

Get your order in!

and until they give you a build date, don't believe anything they tell you about delivery times . . .

As you can see from my details below - and when I ordered mine the salesman actually asked "if it is delivered in early August do you want to take delivery of it before the 59 plates come out?"

Cheers guys, well he showed me on the list of orders they had going in, to be fair to him I suppose he can only go by the fact that they have a normal Titanium going in and that the optional extras could hang the thing up alitte, but I suppose it better time wise that they have one waiting to go at all!

Then again hes a sales man......one step up from insurence dealers and below that is satan!

Im all excited now!...still havnt seen a Titanium with kit in Belfast...ive been looking lol!

Well the Diposit got slapped down today and I now have 6-8 weeks of agony waiting for it apparently, my insurence only goes up by £20 quid tho and have found a Audio Installer that can put front Speakers and sub. Amps in WITH the for dash/ head unit.

Does anyone know wether its worth the money to get the Diamaond clean guard thingy?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club