Do Not Sell My Personal Information

buying galaxy advise please

gti power

a 98 petrol = expect high tax and fuel bills! walk away chief if you need 7seats get a diesel zafira or sharon.

a 98 petrol = expect high tax and fuel bills! walk away chief if you need 7seats get a diesel zafira or sharon.

to be honest it would only be a galaxy,seat or a sharan.i want a tdi 1. because i have read they will do 40mpg 2. they use the vw 90/110 tdi engines and i have had x2 110bhp now in a passat and audi a3 so i know where i stand with them.

anythig else to look out for?

personally i wouldn't touch a galaxy of that age (unless it's cheap with minimal millage), folk will be ditching them before the new tax comes in having run them to death. like all ford's the galaxy is the pic of the bunch in it's class but similarly it wont come without it's issues. pertols of that age are only good for one thing....... the scrapage scheme. lol

personally i wouldn't touch a galaxy of that age (unless it's cheap with minimal millage), folk will be ditching them before the new tax comes in having run them to death. like all ford's the galaxy is the pic of the bunch in it's class but similarly it wont come without it's issues. pertols of that age are only good for one thing....... the scrapage scheme. lol

forgot to mention i wont be spending more than £800.nothing else come's that close to my budget with such a good reliable engine(vw).

Sorry m8 but the diesel Galaxy is a far better buy than the petrol which is slow and thirsty compared to the diesel. But if you are buying then check the gear box / clutch as 1st and reverse can sometimes be a problem to engage. Also turn the steering onto full lock and see if the power steering makes a knocking noise – probably not a lot you can do about it but you could use it as a bargaining point.

I would also suggest with a vehicle that age you try EVERYTHING - electric windows, washers, etc. Check the lights including the dash board and even for damp smells because if you need to fix anything it may cost more the vehicle is worth.

Having said that the Galaxy is a big bus but very easy and comfortable to drive.

:)

hth

Cyb

• 1 month later...

What tax is that mate..thought it was only going up by a £10...?

What about cars registered before 1 March 2001?

Rates for cars and vans registered before 1 March 2001 are based on engine size. The rates for these cars from April 2010 are shown in the table below:

Engine size (cc)

2010-11

Not over 1549

£125

Over 1549

£205

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club