Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a new car - need advice

voodoochile

Hi,

New to this forum and I need some advice.

I have set my heart on a new focus 1.6 hatchback (new shape) and the only decision is if I should buy a diesel instead of petrol?

Apart from the lower tax I would be paying (£35) - would I still be saving on my fuel?

I had a word with the Ford sales rep and he said that a 1.6 Petrol would do around 350miles and a 1.6 diesel would run 550miles on a full tank.

I dont know if these figures are accurate. Could any of you guys give me your experience of fuel consumption in your cars.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome,

Not entirely sure on those figures but with the new diesel performance's equalling and if not beating some petrol models, i think the main worry here would be the price of fuel at the pumps!!!

Hi,

New to this forum and I need some advice.

I have set my heart on a new focus 1.6 hatchback (new shape) and the only decision is if I should buy a diesel instead of petrol?

Apart from the lower tax I would be paying (£35) - would I still be saving on my fuel?

I had a word with the Ford sales rep and he said that a 1.6 Petrol would do around 350miles and a 1.6 diesel would run 550miles on a full tank.

I dont know if these figures are accurate. Could any of you guys give me your experience of fuel consumption in your cars.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Diesel are so much beter on fuel it offsets the cost difference,, check www.WhatMPG.co.uk for a view of Ford's MPG figures along with 0-60 times etc.. it also has

a database of real world MPG figures,, please update if you know yours..

thx

tomo

Just remeber that all MPG figures quoted in handbooks and brouchers are carried out in lab conditions and the vehicle is never actually driven so dont beleive the published figures, But saying that the diesel will !Removed! all over the petrol in the MPG stakes and will also out preform any petrol model of same engine size due to the torque value. I have driven every ford in the range and would always choose the diesel over the current petrol models.