Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus tdci poor fuel economy

morri76

hi all , thought id pick your brains on this i have a 115bhp tdci 51 reg focus , it has done 97k , i feel the fuel economy is quite poor ,i get about 35mpg about the town , i have had the car for about a year and it is my first diesel and i only bought it due to my brother constantly telling me how good they are , if anyone can tell me if this is bad or normal it would be appreciated.sorry should have added the car perfoms well with plenty of pulling power although is a bit smoky if you put your foot down. thanks in advance.

hi all , thought id pick your brains on this i have a 115bhp tdci 51 reg focus , it has done 97k , i feel the fuel economy is quite poor ,i get about 35mpg about the town , i have had the car for about a year and it is my first diesel and i only bought it due to my brother constantly telling me how good they are , if anyone can tell me if this is bad or normal it would be appreciated.sorry should have added the car perfoms well with plenty of pulling power although is a bit smoky if you put your foot down. thanks in advance.

this is where people get misled for town driving diesels are not that economical however for long distance and motorways you get 47 odd mpg so if you do almost all town driving you wont see much past 35-39 mpg my old diesel wasnt great in town but i got 50mpg on the motorway and long distance

As artscot has said, diesels perform economically when driven on the motorway, around town the figure you get seems about right. I get 30-40 mpg around town dependent on when I travel and what traffic levels are like. If your mpg is ok on long runs then I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. As for smoke when you press on, welcome to the world of diesel! A diesel will smoke if you press on, as long as there is no smoke in normal driving then again that is nothing to worry about.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club