Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Home CCTV advice

mustang86

So these HDMI Modulators.....would they be a suitable way of getting around the issue of not being able to using a magic eye with the Sky Q box?

I don't want to pay for multi-room (never need both TV's on at the same time anyway) so im clinging on to my SkyHD box with a signal sender for now.  Ideally i want SkyQ as the box is much better....have i misunderstood the post or can i use this modulator to connect my Bluray player and Sky box to either TV in my house?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StWou7 said:

So these HDMI Modulators.....would they be a suitable way of getting around the issue of not being able to using a magic eye with the Sky Q box?

I don't want to pay for multi-room (never need both TV's on at the same time anyway) so im clinging on to my SkyHD box with a signal sender for now.  Ideally i want SkyQ as the box is much better....have i misunderstood the post or can i use this modulator to connect my Bluray player and Sky box to either TV in my house?

Yes the HDMI Modulator will take in any HDMI cable and broadcast it via coaxial cable,

So it will work with SkyQ 

It will also work with a blueray player but not at the same time as sky Q because the HDMI Modulator only has one HDMI input on it.

If you want to broadcast sky Q and blueray at the same time without swapping cables then you would need two HDMI Modulator's like I have myself.

Any further questions just ask 👍

Great, Thanks! This could solve a bit of a headache as my SkyHD box is definitely on the way out but Sky don't offer them any longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StWou7 said:

Great, Thanks! This could solve a bit of a headache as my SkyHD box is definitely on the way out but Sky don't offer them any longer.

I use skyHD multiroom box's I've got four of them all purchased new in the box from eBay for 30-40 pounds each,

Here's one example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sky-HD-3D-Multiroom-Box-New-/132560206970?roken=cUgayN

They don't give off any noise or heat compared to the main box because they don't have a hard drive to record anything, but you can't record anything without subscription anyway so that's all good. There also half the size of the main box.

The software and layout is identical to the standard main box everything except recordings is exactly the same.

I've fitted an octo LNB to the dish which gives out eight feeds,

I've run Webro wf100 twinsat to each room then fitted a skymultiroom box with an old UK sky card fitted in each box.

The multiroom box only takes in one sattelite feed because it doesn't record a second channel, but I've run two feeds to each room just encase I ever switch to sky subscription again I'd be able to record without any additional effort.

My sattelite is on the chimney so the 8 cables come down the roof tiles at the rear of the house then curl in to the attic through a vent in the pvc where there spread to each location inside the attic out of sight,

Done it myself except for the LNB on the dish, I ran the cables and got a local TV aerial guy to fit the LNB.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club