Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LOST LOCKING WHEEL NUT

LIAMSAFC

Lad that done my MOT for me on my Fiesta seems to have lost my locking wheel nut and looks like the prick is just using every excuse possible to avoid me. Looks like i'll have to order a replacement, is the only option to contact Ford dealership for a new one? or is there a cheaper option? and how much will i likely get charged by a garage to get the current ones off? thanks.

I'd probably get them off and just put a standard nut on. Without trying to sound rude, MK6 Fiesta alloys won't be worth stealing and the chances of a criminal stumbling across your car and only taking your rims because there's no lock nuts on are pretty slim. If they were that desperate they'd do what every garage does that doesn't have the key and has to hammer a socket on.

Easiest way to get these off is to weld a nut onto the locking nut and then you can just use a socket as normal. Obviously not everyone has access to a welder, some people drill them out, others get lucky if the outer edge doesn't spin so they can hammer a socket over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess your right about not really needing locking wheel nuts on a car as old as mine, think I'll just get them off and replace with standard nuts cheers.

Why did your mot guy have the locking wheel nut key 

45 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Why did your mot guy have the locking wheel nut key 

He took it to his mates garage to get the MOT done and he either said the garage had told him there was a slight noise or he noticed when he was taking it to the garage himself there was a noise. When he got it back he said he took the wheels off to check the bearings because there was a bit of play on rear. Been waiting 5/6 weeks for him to bring it back but after loads of bs it's clear he's lost it and trying to avoid replacing it. I paid him £335 to get my car repaired around Christmas (not sure if the price I paid was fair but at least its roadworthy again) Then paid £60 for him to sort the MOT and now the prick hasn't even got the decency to admit he's lost it

Socket bit that's slightly smaller as @Luke4efc mentioned wack it on n it'll undo done it loads there a pain really either lose them or they round off because of the angle when undoing them.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club