Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigar Lighter Fault

ajc1969

Cigar lighter (used for phone charger etc) stopped working. Traced (or so I thought) to a blown fuse, probably as a result of a piece of silver paper being pushed into the cigar lighter (kids)!

Silver paper removed, fuse replaced but still no power. 12V boot socket also dead.

WHat am I missing?

The two sockets are on different 20A cicuits

Front is F39 that ought to be 2 from left in short top row of fuses in CJB and

Rear is F79 that ought to be 8 from right in bootm row in CJB

Checked both of these and replaced the one that had blown but still both sokets are "dead", wondering if there is anything else that may link the two and has "blown" or if it is pure coincidence that the the two have failed at the same time, mind you still doesn't explain why the new fuse hasn't had the desired effect on the cigar lighter in the main cabin.

Had another look and figured that the contacts may be dirty or bent. Stupidly had ignition on so when I stuck the small screwdriver into the socket I shorted it (blue sparks) BUT fuses etc remained intact AND the socket started to work again.

PRoblem now solved but quite how ... I don't really know!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club