Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 tdci fuel pump

portobe17o

Hi everyone,

I know there is a fuel pump on the engine of my 2006 1.4 diesel Fiesta but does anyone know if there is also an electric one in the tank?

no in tank pump on the fiesta tdci. 

this is two questions on the same problem from same person, see -

Erm...have you read the 2 questions isetta? In the second one I am asking if anyone knows if there is a pump in the tank? No mention of that in the first one. Anyway, thank you to all the people who actually try to help

but actually I did answer that on your other post before I answered this one. I gave the link to the other one so people did not start commenting on both without realising the original poster of both questions was you. It was not meant as a critcism of you. 

Oh I see, ok no worries and thanks for your help.

I could hear air whooshing when I used the hand pump and noticed a tiny hole in the bulb, so I'm guessing my problem lies there, I don't really understand why there is no diesel leaking out of the bulb though?

Is changing the bulb a fairly easy job?

I suppose no diesel leaked out there as when the engine is running is no pressure in there but there is always a vaccuum. As soon as a leak appears the mechanical diesel pump sucks in air, and the release of the vaccuum also lets all of the fuel between the bulb and tank flow straight back down into the tank.

I don't know what is involved in fitting a new one, I can't recall what the end fittings are like. don't know if it needs a fiesta designed part due to shape and size or whether a universal type eBay one can be cobbled on with a couple of jubilee clips

eg.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10MM-Fuel-Primer-Bulb-Hand-Pump-Diesel-Petrol-Gas-Inline-Priming-For-Vehicle-Car/151986461049?epid=1794398543&hash=item2363195979:g:MNUAAOSwq7JUImuO       this has right angled ends. I think yours might have right angled ends? I do not know if connector diameter is suitable though

I have ordered a pump from eBay, £28. It comes already connected to the pipes with the proper connecters at each end, so hopefully, fingers crossed!?

I fitted the new pump, with new pipes and the car fired up almost immediately!

But then, also almost immediately, there came a chuffing noise and loads of smoke from around where the injectors are?

What has caused that to happen?

umhh.  Bit of a coincidence for something else to happen at same time.  Chuffing around injectors is normally failed injector seals (copper washers) at the base of the hole that the injector slides into. if they had been leaking before you usually get diesel fuel, black goo and ash build up in that area as diesel comes past the seals and then cooks on the hot engine. But you would normally have noticed the chuffing &/or smell of hot diesel fuel before.

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/193805-how-to-change-injector-copper-seals-on-a-fiesta-14-tdci-with-pics/

third picture down shows what they can get like.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club