Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge ST Line or Vignale

Awright101

Hi, 

im looking to pick up an Edge for my next car. It will probably be a 67 plate.

The price difference between an ST line and vignale is not significant. I like the colours better on the ST Line but the leather on the Vignale looks great.

Any  advise from current owners would be welcome

thanks

andy

• 1 month later...

Totlay down to choice pal. 

I have has 2 sports supposed be same as st line and now bought the vignale.

Definitely feels smoother to drive and full leather to dash and seat.

ST line, if for nothing else the sport suspension. But it's not really about  the model it's more about the options for me. I wouldn't have an Edge without adaptive steering, adaptive LED headlights or Lux pack. The Led lights are standard on the Vignale, adaptive steering optional on both. Lux pack optional on ST and  some, but not all parts of the  Lux pack are standard on the Vignale e.g. heated rear seats are not standard on Vignale but are in the ST line Lux pack.

I'm biased though. I hate the quilted leather and the Vignale wheels and grille. Pre collision assist optional on both. Download the brochure and spend lime pouring over the specs to get exactly the spec you want then try and find it.

Thanks, I can't make my mind up about the leather on the vignale. I like the look but they feel a bit plasticy but that is probably just me. I agree about the led lights, they seem to be a must.

Yup to adaptive lights. If you don't opt for a Vignale where the adaptive LED lights are standard, learn how to spot in photos which STs/Sports have them and  which don't. I found most dealer advertised ones never said when they had the adaptive lights and the useless dealers  never knew when I phoned to ask. The rotary light switch is different, the adaptive ones don't have a knob in the  centre to adjust the height because the lights automatically adjust, so look for that in the pictures. 

Remember a 2017 Sport is exactly identical to a 2018 ST in all but badge.

Drive both, I couldn't cope with the softer non sport suspension, to floaty for me which meant it had to be a Sport or ST.

Thanks, great tip

Don`t forget about the higher road fund licence on Vignale. 

Thanks but for a 67 auto it's the higher tax all all Edge st line/sport with lux pack as well

Really? My 17 plate sport with lux pack is in the lower bracket-what changed for the 67 plate- price? 

I concur with the headlight comments- I didn’t  spec them because I thought they were too expensive and the standard lights couldn’t be that bad- but they are! 

Not a fan of the vignale myself- but down to personal taste. 

Ah, maybe there was a recent price increase. The cost of a ST line auto with lux is £42,200 in white. 

How do you find the RS, I'm so tempted to pick one up

Wow- they’ve gone up a bit then. Actually I think it was more to do with timing- the tax law changed on the 1st April and mine was registered  in early March. 

Love the RS, have a mk 2 that I’ve had since new and recently bought a red edition mk3. Haven’t used the Mk3 much yet but I’m very impressed so far. 

Nice to have both RS. Enjoy

I have had a 4 Edges 1 Titanium 2 Sports and now the Vignale.

I like a 3 versions I might be a bit bias now but the Vignale is a lot smoother ride.

I drive around 800 -1000 miles a week so comfort is rearly a must for me know. 

All had Led light except my 1st sport which I soon swapped for an identical version but with Led lights.

But it is all down to choice pal.

As said above, Tit and Vig have identical suspension. Sport and ST have identical suspension. It's a binary choice, do you want comfort or a car that goes nicely around corners; choice is yours.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club