Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cluster time out Mk2.5

Botus

My cluster took 30 mins to shutdown, as of crimbo the gauges started doing odd stuff at start up, and as of last 6 weeks intermittent flat battery on irregular intervals

I came to conclusion I need cluster rebuild and have been waiting for a slot with cluster repairs UK they did full rebuild and gave back but seems battery has reached its end of life.  So it got a brand new one, which I charged before fitting (and I cleared any fault codes in PCM and Cluster).  Now cluster reliably goes to sleep in 10 mins.

But with car locked and asleep for 40 plus mins I decided to clear the windscreen enthusiastically as it cooled yesterday evening, when I notice the cluster woke up and then went to sleep again (10 mins later).  Could the alarm noticing movement cause this behaviour?

I have an unanswered thread 

We have a few of these at work and they all seem to go out / come on in the hot weather.

The shut down time is 10 - 45 minutes depending on a load of variables.

Sounds to me like your battery just needed replacement, mine caused loads of issues but never failed to start the car prior to me replacing it.

thanks, the battery was part of the issue...

but I was keen to understand how the car "woke up" whilst locked. With the new fully charged new battery in place, faults cleared in all modules and having driven the car for a 5 mile trip - with car now locked and asleep for 40 plus mins, I decided to clean the windscreen reasonably enthusiastically as it cooled Friday evening, when I notice the cluster woke up whilst it remained locked and then went to sleep again (10 mins later).  Could the alarm noticing movement cause this behaviour?

100-people-have-read-this-none-have-a-view-to-share?

seems-odd.-bit-like-my-keyboard-space-bar-has-died

On 7/2/2018 at 6:37 PM, Botus said:

100-people-have-read-this-none-have-a-view-to-share?

seems-odd.-bit-like-my-keyboard-space-bar-has-died

And you've not got keyless access/start?

no - normal key

I was wondering if ford have any auto close features on windows and sunroofs?  on some Merc's and BM's if the rain sensor detects rain it will close windows and sunroof... but to do this something must remain active which seems a recipe for a flat battery?

I was cleaning round rain sensor a lot when I noticed the cluster was awake.  There was some film of filth all over the screen that didn't want to come off I was try to remove with thinners

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club