Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

The script to write the logfile is GB5T-14G386-AB.TAR.GZ.

If that's not included in the SyncMyRide folder and included on the end of the autoinstall.lst actions list ... A logfile will not be written!

I’d like to make you aware of further issues that have arisen since the F8 map update.

I had tested on a few very short journeys, after the map update, and operation appeared to be normal. However, today I made a number of longer journeys during which issues became apparent.

It would be interesting to know if others have encountered the same issues, or if it's just my car.

1.       I entered a new destination some 10 miles from home. For the first few miles navigation functioned normally, but then the route information disappeared from the display and voice instructions stopped. I stopped the car and re-entered the same destination, which was found on searching. On clicking Start a message “route calculation failed” was heard. On re-trying several times the error was repeated.

2.       On arriving at that destination, I attempted to enter several new destinations, and for any of these the same error message was heard. So unable to navigate to any destination.

3.       I did a master reset. After that I entered and saved my Home destination, which was saved correctly.

4.       I attempted to create a new favourite corresponding to my next intended destination. On saving, the destination details were blank in the list (as No3), and neither that nor any other favourite could be selected, edited, or deleted.

5.       I switched off the ignition and re-started. After that new favourites from No4 onwards could be created, saved, selected etc. On selecting the blank favourite No3, the behaviour in 4 above was repeated.

6.       After a further master reset, I repeated steps 3,4 and 5 with identical results. On selecting favourite No3, all further favourite related operations were impossible until the system  was restarted.

I then made several further journeys to different destinations, each entered manually, and without issues.

I've passed this on to Ford and will post their reply here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

So I've got the F7 maps still, my current update from Ford.co.uk is only 8GB in size rather than the 20GB.

So I've left the USB stick in and performed 2 key starts, how do I know when it's actually finished and I can remove the USB?

It should come up on screen that its updated successfully and say safe to remove USB.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, theroninhunter said:

So I've got the F7 maps still, my current update from Ford.co.uk is only 8GB in size rather than the 20GB.

For that size it's probably just the update voice files. What text does the autoinstall.inf file contain?

• 1 month later...

Am I doing something wrong, I've downloaded the files for the map update from the Ford website. On trying up update via usb stick get message updating system software, after approximately 3 minutes comes up update complete please remove stick. On checking version nothing has changed. Could someone put link so I can download from this forum. Many thanks.

Have you restarted the system  eg locked car  wait till dash goes completely off then unlock , enter car and check after boot up.

Go to menu, general, master reset.

Yes did everything the instructions told me. Still maps showing version 14.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:28 PM, Bluepeter 60 said:

Am I doing something wrong, I've downloaded the files for the map update from the Ford website.

Firstly, what does the contents of the USB stick contain, specifically in the SyncMyRide Folder? 3 minutes is way too quick for maps, they take about 50 minutes. You may have an update for one of the pre-requisites, but can only tell if you let us know what was on your stick.

Hi Simon, I downloaded these files direct from fords website via sync updates.

usb stick contains the following following in syncmyride folder

GB5T-14G386-AB-TAR

JR3T-14G422-BD-TAR

JR3T-14G433- AB-TAR

ALSO AUTOINSTALL.LST

DONTINDX-MSA

HOPE THIS HELP YOU AND ME.

JR3T-14G422-BD-TAR is the voice files (for nav directions) update.

JR3T-14G433- AB-TAR (I would have expected JR3T-14G423- AB-TAR) which is the gracenote database application.

GB5T-14G386-AB-TAR is the log file creator.

So, all you have here is the pre-requisites to the map update itself. I still would have expected this to last 10 mins or so. Leave the USB stick in after it says its finished, cycle the ignition and let it detect the USB again and run through the update. If successful, you should get an .xml log file in the SyncMyRide folder when its done.

The map update file, when you get it will be either JR3T-14G421-BC.tar (F7) or JR3T-14G421-BD.tar (F8).

Thanks for the answers, were would I get the map update file? Would have thought it was with the download  I got from Ford.

If you got this update from the Ford Sync3 Update site, then you'll get the next files once the system has registered that you've installed the pre-requisites. If you don't get it from Ford, there are downloads on other Ford Forums (F150) that have the latest maps (F8), but if you don't have the right files on your Sync first, you'll just screw it up!

You could pop into your dealer, if they are anything like mine, they'll have all the updates on USB sticks and would do it for you if you don't want the hassle.

Will try things you suggest. This for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just phoned 3 Ford Dealers with regards to map updates. 2 said they don't do map updates,3rd wanted to charge me £89 for labour. Been onto Ford customer service, fat lot that did.

Could someone please put some fresh links on for stick 1@2  I'm having trouble using the ones already on this forum. Many thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Trying to download the map updates. The "Stick 1" update says "preparing download" then freezes. Can anyone offer help with this?. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

No matter what I do, Ford Sync update site will not offer me the latest (F8) maps and insists that my EU 4 14 is up to date.

Software is 19149, so its just the maps I believe.

Anyone have a working link that I can down them for install?

@BigBol you need to re-send your log file to Ford - I had the same problem over and over again this is what I did to get it to allow me a downlaod of maps (which I am now struggling to load) :wallbash:

After numerous attempts to even get the Ford system to offer me a map update I have finally (I hope) got it to download.

I updated SYNC 3 to version 3.0 without problem and it created a log file OK. According to Ford (many many times) the update was successful but it still told me my maps were up to date despite it clearly not being so.

Eventually I downloaded this file from an obscure part of the Ford website

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/rhd/central/owners/resources-and-support/sync-%26-bluetooth-support/update/documents/Interrogator_AB.zip

Extracted files to a formatted (exFAT) USB stick then followed the Ford directions to: 

Uploaded THAT version of the log file and hey presto I was offered a map update for the first time :wallbash:

It's only 8.1GB but so Sloooooooooooooooooow to download and according to Ford may take up to 80 minutes to actually upload to the car :sleep1:

Come on Ford what are you doing/ - this is the 21st Century and you are using stuff that I could write out faster with a fountain pen - NOT impressed - great car let down by inadequate and out-dated soft/hardware

I'll update if and when I actually get the maps to load etc:jawdrop:

Hope that helps you :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Westville said:

@BigBol you need to re-send your log file to Ford - I had the same problem over and over again this is what I did to get it to allow me a downlaod of maps (which I am now struggling to load) :wallbash:

Hope that helps you :thumbsup:

Thank you, sadly I ran that about 4 days ago, and uploaded the log file and it still has not offered me an update as yet.

Oh dear sorry to hear that - in that case all I can suggest is a visit to the stealers as it is a system file that is not working

On 8/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, Westville said:

Oh dear sorry to hear that - in that case all I can suggest is a visit to the stealers as it is a system file that is not working

It's in there now, i'll let you know how (if) I get on. Hopefully they are going to get the steering wheel sorted as well, peeling.

• Sad 1