Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Retrofit Rear Electric Windows

liamstears

Done this mod to my own car so decided to write up a guide

Retrofit rear electric windows, this was done on my 2014 Fiesta Titanium but I believe should be the same for all facelift mk7.5's

Parts needed:
Drivers door window switch for all windows
Door cards for both rear doors with electric window switches
Inner door panels for both rear doors including motor/regulator and door control modules
Wiring looms for rear doors (most inner panels if buying from a breakers will include the looms)

Access to forscan to make a programming change

An extra pair of hands will make this much easier

First we need to remove old parts

Rear door cards need to be removed, if you follow the first 4 pictures you will see we have 3 bolts to remove, 2 behind/below the big black handle in the middle and 1 behind a small cover in the door handle. We also need to remove the window winder, this is held in by a small clip which can be pushed/pryed off with a little patience. Last bit to remove is the small triangle piece, this is held on by 1 clip and using a prying tool can be pulled straight off (Pic 5). Now remove the door card and once removed unclip the door handle mechanism behind the door handle.

1.thumb.jpg.a3d7fc1eb6bd2e5714c0cc48a5ab205f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6354978ab96f299f17a797f478d43893.jpg3.thumb.jpg.a6fa4cb47132752a75b4d8c1dd4854c1.jpg4.thumb.jpg.7ff8ab17d51a175e3aeb705a1147ca6e.jpg5.thumb.jpg.cb0247a076b69804d98792a8a8f84f78.jpg

This will leave you with picture 6, the inner door panel.

6.thumb.jpg.48d26a465e747bdd32ea8d02afe8ede4.jpg

Now before going any further we need to make sure we get the next bit right to make is easier for us. Basically all in one go we need to remove the old inner panel and replace with the new so we want to make sure no mistakes are made as we are disconnecting the window. Make sure your new inner panel is close and ready to be fit. In the picture you will see 2 green circles, remove these covers to expose the 2 bolts holding the window, you may need to use the winder to move the window up/down so these are exposed. Also check the new panels line up and screws can be accessed. Now we need to disconnect the electrical connector marked in blue and then with the help of a friend you need to loosen both the bolts holding the window then remove all bolts I have marked with red circles. At this point with some wiggling the window should come loose from the panel and the panel can be removed. Your friend will need to keep hold of the window you don't want it dropping/breaking, this prob could be done on your own by wedging the window but I would not recommend it.

Put the new panel in, put a couple bolts in to hold while you drop in and line up the window. What I recommend doing is at this point to not do up the window bolts fully only enough to hold lightly and only put in and do up the panel bolts. Reason for this is we want the window to sit properly and the best way to do this is to hook up the electrics and close the window fully then do up the bolts fully.

Repeat this full process on the other rear window.

Now we change the drivers window switch. pictures 8, 9, 10 and 11

Firstly remove the black trim, this prys off and pulls forward towards the front of the car to be removed, you can see in picture 8 the little piece you pull forwards for. Pull out the plastic cup from underneath revealing the 2 bolts, remove the bolts and the whole switch unit will come out, unplug the electrical connector from underneath and replace with your new switch unit and put back together reversing these steps.

8.thumb.jpg.162de6cfce0c1dd41912fc14458628ed.jpg9.thumb.jpg.8ab1c893ca1c20f4c80d878f6f04c7f7.jpg11.thumb.jpg.7476a51eaad8e67805619f670cc56789.jpg

Not too much left to do now 😄

Forscan time
Hook up forscan and change central config, can't remember of the top of my head exactly what settings its called (I will get a screenshot at some point), look for windows and change from front electric windows to full/all electric windows and save the change to the car.

Now at this point we want to connect switches to the rear doors to operate the rear windows closing them to seat them then opening and lining up to tighten the bolts OR if you have a friend get them to operate the rear windows from the front switches while you look to line up.
Close windows fully then open them up to the point you can see the bolts holding the window in place - Now tighten these bolts up fully holding the windows.

Make sure all bolts are tight, connect the inner panel loom to the switch on the door card not forgetting to reconnect the door handle and fit door cards simply the reverse process of removing.

DONE!!

You now have full electric windows 😉

I have added extra couple photos showing electric window inner panel fitted and also the wiring looms needed as these seem harder to find

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

electricinnerpanel.jpg

wiringloom.jpg

wiringloom2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How much in total did this cost you?

11 minutes ago, JoBoy99 said:

How much in total did this cost you?

Honestly I can't remember, I bought all parts used though to save some £££

At a guess I would say £20-25 for drivers window switches, £20-40 for door cards, £20-40 for inner door panels, I had to get door looms too as panels didn't come with them and they were around £30

Total somewhere between £90-£135

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

How did you use FORScan? Like what system did you use and stuff, something I can’t really find out about on here

• 2 weeks later...

Any help with forscan im able to supply answers to questions etc.

• 1 month later...

i need help with what to buy to use it and how to use it to complete things with my car 

• 1 month later...

hi, where in the central config is the option for the windows, looked in hidden also but no luck, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 9:25 PM, Baaarnnz said:

Any help with forscan im able to supply answers to questions etc.

Any help??

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody.

I've just made the same configuration and it works. But I won't tell because I am a *****... Just kidding, yes I will gladly help:

In ForsCan, you need to go to the IPC module and change it to Engineering mode 2 (because hidden parameters are there), then you will be able to find (in my case) rear window type. Then you can set to Electric power windows front / Electric power windows rear (or something like that, because my software was in portuguese). After writing this changes to IPC, you can turn off ignition and turn it on again (without starting engine, obviously) then test your new awesome-must-always-be-there rear power windows.

I recommend you who want to do it to first learn what you are doing in details, because if you don't know, you can destroy your beloved vehicle, so learn first, do after!

• 2 months later...

Hi, all.

Great guide, thank you to OP for this. I have a Fiesta MK7.5 2013/63 5dr and only have electric windows on front. I recently had the global windows feature activated by a friend (close/open windows from key fob) and I now want to retrofit electric windows to the rear doors.

I know from reading the guide and comments above that I will need to enable something in forscan.

I have found the drivers door switches, and also both left/right rear door card with window switches, but I can't find any results anywhere online in reference to 'inner door panels'. Currently, I have manual winding windows - the OP advised in the guide that inner door cards are needed too. Would anybody please be able to help point me in the right direction for any other parts needed please?

I would like to make sure I have all the necessary parts first off so that I only need to swap everything over once. And when I know I've fitted the new parts its a 2 minute job on forscan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:25 PM, FernandoOM said:

Hello everybody.

I've just made the same configuration and it works. But I won't tell because I am a *****... Just kidding, yes I will gladly help:

In ForsCan, you need to go to the IPC module and change it to Engineering mode 2 (because hidden parameters are there), then you will be able to find (in my case) rear window type. Then you can set to Electric power windows front / Electric power windows rear (or something like that, because my software was in portuguese). After writing this changes to IPC, you can turn off ignition and turn it on again (without starting engine, obviously) then test your new awesome-must-always-be-there rear power windows.

I recommend you who want to do it to first learn what you are doing in details, because if you don't know, you can destroy your beloved vehicle, so learn first, do after!

Opa amigo viq ue vc falou que teu sistema eh portugues. vc eh do brasil.

estou com um fiesta 1.5L vidro na dianteira e nao tem fiacao pra traseira. qual teu modelo do fiesta?

e eu queria tirar algumas duvidas sofre a fiacao eletrica se vc puder ajudar claro. 

"Oops friend, you said that your system is Portuguese. you are from Brazil.

vc teve que puxar a fiacao. pq meu carro mesmo habilitando nao tem energia na traseira e os fios ano batema  a ordem ele perde a trava elereica e outros quando troca os chicotes das portas

I have a fiesta 1.5L glass in the front and has no wiring to the rear. what is your fiesta model?

and I wanted to take some questions suffers an electrical wiring if you can help of course."

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 2:22 AM, Gdavey0312 said:

Hi, all.

Great guide, thank you to OP for this. I have a Fiesta MK7.5 2013/63 5dr and only have electric windows on front. I recently had the global windows feature activated by a friend (close/open windows from key fob) and I now want to retrofit electric windows to the rear doors.

I know from reading the guide and comments above that I will need to enable something in forscan.

I have found the drivers door switches, and also both left/right rear door card with window switches, but I can't find any results anywhere online in reference to 'inner door panels'. Currently, I have manual winding windows - the OP advised in the guide that inner door cards are needed too. Would anybody please be able to help point me in the right direction for any other parts needed please?

I would like to make sure I have all the necessary parts first off so that I only need to swap everything over once. And when I know I've fitted the new parts its a 2 minute job on forscan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No replies? I'm still looking to get some help/links of whats needed?

• 7 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 3:22 AM, Gdavey0312 said:

Hi there @Gdavey0312,

I just read your message and have a, well.. somewhat unrelated question:

I own a 2014 Fiesta with electric windows in the front doors only. I'm thinking of trying to enable global open/close in ForScan myself, so I am curious to hear about your experience.

I hear stories from multiple people on different fora, who are having issues trying to enable global open/close without having all four power windows (front and back) AND comfort mode (click window button in door panel once to fully open/close window). So I'm curious, was enabling this function a straightforward procedure? Are there any additional options I should check / keep in mind to enable these functions?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Edited by LKN
Adding tagged person

• 9 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, LKN said:

Hi there @Gdavey0312,

I just read your message and have a, well.. somewhat unrelated question:

I own a 2014 Fiesta with electric windows in the front doors only. I'm thinking of trying to enable global open/close in ForScan myself, so I am curious to hear about your experience.

I hear stories from multiple people on different fora, who are having issues trying to enable global open/close without having all four power windows (front and back) AND comfort mode (click window button in door panel once to fully open/close window). So I'm curious, was enabling this function a straightforward procedure? Are there any additional options I should check / keep in mind to enable these functions?

Thanks in advance for your input!

LKN I will answer you even though it's been a while since you posted and you probably solved it. I was as confused as you reading on the internet that it is not possible to have electric windows only on the face, but look that it is possible and even very simple. Simply in the IPC module and in the engineering window 2 you activate it, then rewrite and you're done. Other colleagues had to do another learning procedure after activation with forscan, namely: contact on push 3 time lock / unlock button ......> then contact off push 3 time lock / unlock button ....> then contact on push 1 time button toggle / unlock. I didn't need the last step. Success!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Does anyone know if this can be done to a Pre-Facelift Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 2011?

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club