Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF Issue

cmaxmk1
聽Share

I am attempting to find a pinout diagram for the ECU pins on a C-max 2006 2l TDCI DPF E4 but this is proving exceptionally difficult to do.

My reason is that I have a wiring fault on my DPF sensor that is triggering a fault code to generate when there is actually no fault present.

P2455 is the code along with P2453

Both showing that the sensor return wire is returning a voltage too high for the specification

Sensor has been replaced and multiple other sensors have been tested with it - all giving the same intermittent error until a few months ago when the error became permanent - it sucks not having the turbo and I want it back 馃槥

Sensor return should be 0.5-4.5V - actual output is running 7-8.5V at present.

There is continuity confirmed between 2 of the pins on the sensor plug which confirms my suspicion that there is a short somewhere in the wires but I need to figure out which location on the ECU that the DPF wires plug into so I can wire in a temporary replacement return wire to see if this resolves the issue.

Does anyone have a wiring/pinout diagram for the ECU on this model of ford?

PS. As my car is labelled a FOCUS C-MAX - I was not sure whether to post in C-Max or Focus forum so I went with C-Max as it seemed more appropriate. If wrong, please let me know and I will move it.

There is a lot of comanality with the Focus so maybe repost in Focus or general Ford. Sorry i cant help.

Engine wiring loom will be the same between the Mk2 Focus & Mk1 CMax.聽 I don't have a wiring diagram though, @Tdci-Peter probably does. :smile:

On 7/31/2018 at 8:05 PM, cmaxmk1 said:

There is continuity confirmed between 2 of the pins on the sensor plug which confirms my suspicion that there is a short somewhere in the wires but I need to figure out which location on the ECU that the DPF wires plug into so I can wire in a temporary replacement return wire to see if this resolves the issue.

The Focus wiring diagram is available on this site, and the C-Max is electrically very similar. Maybe some wire colours will be different. The pics below are the DPF DP sensor connections for the 2l DW10 engine.

The ECU diagram is on page 42 of this PDF: https://www.fordownersclub.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=42087

Voltages over 5v are almost certainly a wiring or ECU fault, I am sure the sensor is energised with 5v from the ECU.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club