Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk8 1.0 ecoboost 125ps titanium x - petrol consumption

magic14

Hey, 

Just wondering if anyone with this model can tell me what mileage you get on a full tank of petrol. 

I've had countless issues with my car in general and also mpg issues and petrol consumption, it's absolutely atrocious. 

So just wondering what everyone else is getting on a full tank. 

Thanks

Mines the 100 and I get anything between 300 and 400 depending on where I've been.

Filled up my 140 the other day when the warning light came on after doing 363 miles. So far (6 months/4,000 miles) I have not seen less than 40mpg or more than 47, generally It is around 44-45. My driving is mostly single carriageway A/B roads where I get little opportunity to use 6th, but don't often get caught in heavy traffic either.

Thanks, I generally drive 10 miles a day, don't really get into 6th gear but not do I get stuck in traffic, my average journey length is usually 5 minutes. 

I had the previous model and used to get around 420 miles on a full tank and filled up every 5 or so weeks. 

With this one I'm filling up bang on every two weeks. It's been in to ford twice now for a system update and made no difference. 

I've just got 62 miles on a quarter of a tank since the last update. The gauge just drops all the time 

The most miles out of one tank I have had is 391 miles which was all carriageway/motorway to London and back.

Mine averages between 44 - 48 mpg which is very similar to Roger's mentioned above.

Mileage on mine is just under 9000 miles - yours does sound on the thirsty side hope you get it sorted.

Paul.

the Ecoboost is the most sensitive engine to driving style  I have ever driven. as I've said elsewhere you can have eco or boost you must pick one. for better fuel economy try:

• slowing without using the brakes. keeping the car in gear without touching the accelerator peddle switches off the fuel injector meaning you get the distance traveled for free
  • try predicting traffic patterns ahead adjusting vehicle speed to avoid the need to stop.  stopping and starting wastes fuel
  • build up speed slowly keeping it off boost saves fuel.
  • controversial one this but I have found the improvement in Tesco momentum 99 fuel offset the 5ppl increase in cost vs Tesco standard.

I'm currently achieving average 50mpg urban 62 mpg interurban and 66 mpg motorway which I'm happy with these are dash readouts. brim to brim 450-500 miles to a tank 

14 hours ago, magic14 said:

Thanks, I generally drive 10 miles a day, don't really get into 6th gear but not do I get stuck in traffic, my average journey length is usually 5 minutes. 

I had the previous model and used to get around 420 miles on a full tank and filled up every 5 or so weeks. 

With this one I'm filling up bang on every two weeks. It's been in to ford twice now for a system update and made no difference. 

I've just got 62 miles on a quarter of a tank since the last update. The gauge just drops all the time 

Was your previous Fiesta also a Titanium X?  The bigger, heavier wheels with wide tyres on the X model will reduce the fuel economy compared to 'lesser' models if you previously had a Zetec for example.  The Mk8 is also over 100Kg heavier than the Mk7 was, that's like carrying 2 passengers so the fuel economy will be worse compared to the older model.

Are you also sure the tank is actually empty when it says it is?  How many litres are you getting in? 

16 hours ago, magic14 said:

Thanks Bob, I'm getting around 220 miles a full tank. 

What type of driving are you doing?   Is it mainly in town?

Thanks for all the replies and advice. 

It's mainly town driving however, I rarely get stuck in traffic as journeys are off peak time so an easy drive. 

I have managed to get the average mpg up to 50, this makes no difference to amount of mileage per tank. 

However after the last update I'm now at 39 mpg. 

It's very strange. I can be at average 50 mpg, drive very economically and then all of a sudden the average mpg will plummet and keep falling no matter if I'm driving with 99.9 showing on the instant. 

For example I filled up, fuel to empty showing 420 miles, average mpg showing 50mpg, drove down the mway, and a nice clear a road, instant readout was showing 99.9 yet mpg fell from 50 and continued to fall all the way to average 35mpg.

I actually managed to video this at one point as my partner was driving. 

It then got stuck at 35mpg and didn't alter no matter how I drove, then all of a sudden just jumped to 48mpg.

Previous car was a titanium x also. And I am getting 37 litres in when filling up. 

Yes, the average mpg reading is very strange. I've found in the past that these things generally overstate average mpg by 10% or so, but never had one that goes up and down for no apparent reason like this one does. So basically I just ignore it and use the brim to brim method to accurately calculate mpg.

Speaking of which, I've just filled up again after returning from a holiday in Norfolk and found my mpg (brim to brim of course!) was a best yet of 53.6 so pleased with that😀

I think its hard to go on MPG as a lot comes into it.....how you drive on a lot of stuff from speed/braking/gears/distance etc all combined so the average is up and down.

I think local driving on a lot of cars will never show great MPG and same as the 1L 125 eco so then your tank will go down faster,i have looked into this a nice bit.

19 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I think its hard to go on MPG as a lot comes into it.....how you drive on a lot of stuff from speed/braking/gears/distance etc all combined so the average is up and down.

I think local driving on a lot of cars will never show great MPG and same as the 1L 125 eco so then your tank will go down faster,i have looked into this a nice bit.

Yeah I get that, but even by going oh how many miles I get I think it absolutely shocking! 

12 hours ago, magic14 said:
Yeah I get that, but even by going oh how many miles I get I think it absolutely shocking! 

Yes mate true,I don't have the eco I have a 1.6 titanium fiesta 2011 and I never let mine go that low but mine is around 30mpg and around 130 to 150 half a tank with very, very local stop/ start driving so off that you could say around 300 a tank.

This is rough and don't forget this is a non-turbo and no special feature to save fuel only the Advance timing thing.(Ti-vct.)

Just looking at it my computer in the car says i have done 46miles and 240miles until refill so yes yours aint right if you do 220 a tank.

Also on 29mpg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, cjay1 said:

• controversial one this but I have found the improvement in Tesco momentum 99 fuel offset the 5ppl increase in cost vs Tesco standard.

I found that the Momentum price offset roughly breaks even for me. I started using it a couple of years ago because it extended my range. With Momentum I could mange to fill up once a week. Without it I was filling up every 6 days. I hate wasting time in the filling station.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club