Rear door not opening

dfoord

Ok clever people

my drivers side rear door won’t open 

inside or out it’s just packed up

ive tried pulling kicking swearing but nothing is working

do i have to damage door card just to get access

thanks people

When you press the key listen carefully go close to the door and see if you hear the mechanism working if it is then it might be dirt in the mechanism and yes may involve taking off the panel and cleaning up. If you have wd40 you can try with the straw to spray some in mid way up and wait a while then try the key again to see if it unlocks.

Thanks for the reply

looks like smashing the door card off it is then

soaked it in wd40 and can hear motor working 

its just not engaging 

maybe something has come apart or broken

i was hoping there might be a secret way of getting the door open without having to butcher the door card

if they dont open from inside its means its not child lock then yes need to do brutal opening.

All done and yes the garage had to smash the lock to pieces and it’s cost me £300 😳

i did manage to get door card off with no damage even though I couldn’t open the door

but then I was defeated 

the annoying thing was if I had the door open then I could have done it no problem and saved myself a few quid

Damn costly job 😗 I would be lubricating all the rest in OCD mode after that bill.

• Like 1

Happened on the rear passenger side door on mine a couple of months ago I managed to get the door card off without damaging it but couldn't work out how to open the door so went to the scrapyard and bought the inner door lock mechanism. By looking at that I worked out how to get the door open and replaced it all for £25.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 11:35 AM, dfoord said:

All done and yes the garage had to smash the lock to pieces and it’s cost me £300 😳

i did manage to get door card off with no damage even though I couldn’t open the door

but then I was defeated 

the annoying thing was if I had the door open then I could have done it no problem and saved myself a few quid

Ouch. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club