Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the best way to get this out

Michael9

It's a bolt (rounded and very rusty) on the front wing/ bumper on a mk1 focus. I can't hammer a socket on a the bumper as it "bounces" can't grip with moles ect can't put a torch as it'll melt the it (bumper). Only thing i can think of is the dremmel with a small grinder. 

It's all that's holding me putting a new one (wing) on..

20181110_151622.jpg

• Like 1

So clean around with a wire brush thingy for the big drill as it'll have more force than the Dremmel….if that doesn't work i'm kinda stumpted

• Like 1

weld a bolt on fop of it to turn it, If you have one

I guess when you say "If I've got one" you mean a welder.... nope

And as so far you're the only one answered, like me they've no idea either..

Dremel or file 2 flats on the outside to suit an open ended spanner. If the spanner slips then go back to vice grips. You'll probably sheer it off though so use plenty of plusgas and hope you don't have to drill the rest of the screw out.

You could just go to drilling it out, you just have to be very accurate when finding the centre. Only issue is finding out what thread it is.

What's on the other side?  Dremel does appear to be the best option here, I cant see that coming out.

On the other side is a plastic square raw plug type looking thing, I'll have another go shortly as I'm working outside and been raining. As said above I'll use the dremmel and hope for the best. 

I'll get Hammerite smooth for behind the liner, Ford ect should be ***** ashamed of themselves the way they DON'T underseal stuff properly but it's all down to money. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club