Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pinout pigtail light switch

Tommie2110

Hi guys, 

Little quistion, does anybody know where i can find a pinout schedule for the pigtail of de lighting switch? 

so that i know wich pin is for what.

I want to retro fit foglights in my fiesta trend 2009(mk7) , but i don't have the wirring.(already installed, footwell lights, CC and PDC in the back)  no Problem, i can wirred it up my self, but i want to use the original switch. So i need the to know wich pins are for the front foglights. Anybody a idea where i can find this? 

grey/violet wire comes from bcm to headlight switch pin8 for front fog lights. 

The bcm switches the relay in engine bay fuse box and powers up the fog lights.

59 minutes ago, iantt said:

grey/violet wire comes from bcm to headlight switch pin8 for front fog lights. 

The bcm switches the relay in engine bay fuse box and powers up the fog lights.

Wait i don't understand it? 

So the grey/violet goes form the BCM to the switch pin 8 ? And wich one pin goes back to the bcm? 

And wich wirring goes to the relay? 

Cause what i head in mind was to bypass the BCM. 

I had in mind to install it like: 

- Power supply ( i'm going to tap a fuse 12v) --> to the original switch--> a line (positive line) with a 15 amp fuse between it --> h11 bolt (postive side) and for the ground just go back tot he frame. 

But i need to know if its possible? When i use the orginal switch and pin. But how i read it how u described it? i can wirred it up myself? 

Sorry for my bad writing, i'm from holland so i'm trying to write the best as i can

The switch is not an on/off switch as such, it provides an earth path while pressed and bcm uses that to switch relay on. And same again when pressed again. Is the wiring not there at pin 8 on headlamp switch connector? Most fords are prewired even if not fitted with front fogs. 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

The switch is not an on/off switch as such, it provides an earth path while pressed and bcm uses that to switch relay on. And same again when pressed again. Is the wiring not there at pin 8 on headlamp switch connector? Most fords are prewired even if not fitted with front fogs. 

Well i looked underneath the front bumper, and i couldn't find any wirring. 

I'll check today if pin 8 in the switch is there, but i guess it is not, cause i didn't had the wirring for: cruise control or the footwell lights. 

7 hours ago, iantt said:

So i cheched The pigtail. Seems that i already have: 

pin 8 pluged in. 

I’m missing The pins: 

nr 5 en 6. 

So what do i need to do know? Seems like i don’t Have The wirring from The bcm to The relay? 

Or do i need The wirring from The relay to The foglights? 

Or do i need to make them both by myself? Bam to The Relay and to The foglights?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club