jonah406

Reversing camera Sync 3

Have a look in the boot behind the carpet on the drivers side for a grey plug with nothing plugged in as it will help with fitting the camera 

18 hours ago, Khal said:

So what do I need. Camera, plug and software.

Right?

i dont have your car with me so i dont kn ow 🙂 normally you need plug in boot , loom camera and activating.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, mastachaz said:

i dont have your car with me so i dont kn ow 🙂 normally you need plug in boot , loom camera and activating.

Well am new to ford. Can you tell me where the plug must be. Side of the boot, or underneat the mate. Or etc.

31 minutes ago, Khal said:

Well am new to ford. Can you tell me where the plug must be. Side of the boot, or underneat the mate. Or etc.

i dont have mk4 so i dont know 🙂 sorry this is mk3 - mk3.5 topic 😛

6 hours ago, Khal said:

The mk4 may be different to the mk3.5 in relation to the plug position or if it isn’t even there (as so ‘helpfully’ pointed out above), but if it is there then it’s on the right hand side of the boot behind the small flap near the access to the rear cluster. There is a picture in post number 8 of this thread, which I’m guessing you have seen if you have read the post. 

If its not there then it isnt the end of the world as you can get a 54pin APIM adapter loom on amazon for the rear of the Sync unit and just run the RCA cable all the way up. You will also need to activate it with Forscan and I’m not 100% sure if it is compatible with the mk4 but I think I heard of people using Forscan on the mk4 before.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, Jonro2009 said:

I bought this camera

Car Roveremoji2400.png Universal Car Reversing Backup Camera Parking Assiatance Waterproof https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013AUMV12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cSoCDbG47DYS0

And this APIM adapter

ZIZON 54 Pin Apim Connector Sync 1 Ford Camera Input Harness Cable with RCA Connector for Camera Extension on SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 for Ford Wiring Harness 14 Inches https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G16KK4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UToCDbSZE9TEB

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great links and advice. Thank you. 

I don't have the connecter either.

Questions.

-How/where did you fit the camera?

-Would this camera work/be better/better fit/same connections as yours?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yilaite-Handle-Camera-Backup-Parking/dp/B076CWZ1JC/ref=pd_sbs_60_3/259-3881231-9623401?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B076CWZ1JC&pd_rd_r=01a852ae-732a-4ef6-9169-1b33999619ec&pd_rd_w=PzWUK&pd_rd_wg=uvvsB&pf_rd_p=2b420a2f-6593-478e-8b5f-cb43865ff16f&pf_rd_r=QHBD38T9FBPN329FVKTK&psc=1&refRID=QHBD38T9FBPN329FVKTK

-Forscan...simply download onto iPhone?

-headunit and dash removal....ill do a site search for this 🙂

Lew