Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Running No Key In Ignition

Graeme2018

Yesterday i returned to my focus 2014 1000cc ecoboost,  to find the engine still running with no key in the ignition.must have been running idle so i  drove the car a few hundred yards and then stopped as Engine Malfunction Message appeared .Car went into Limp Mode drove home and had to stall the car to get the engine to cut out as removing the key never turned engine off.

Removed battery connections for 1hr put back on and done the accelerator and brake pedal thing to reset ECU and Engine Malfunction Message dissapered . Drove the car around 20 miles everything was great until i tried to remove key and engine was still running.

Can anyone please help me 

Not seen this on a modern petrol car tbh, I wonder if the ignition barrel may be faulty, is the ignition still stuck on (dash lights etc) after stalling the engine?

Spooky did any of your enemy's pass away lately? lol I agree with above must be some mis communication between the barrel to the cut off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club