Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Business Edtion Stereo

Scuzzie2k

Morning people

I have a 2013 Busienss edition mondeo with the touch screen sat nav. I want to change to an Android one for better maps and functionality. I know the heater control are part of it all which is a pain.

option 1 get the normal android size one of Internet and buy the surround with buttons at the top and heater control, if I do this is is the newer type controls for my model the curved ones?

option 2 go all out and get one of them Tesla style ones that do it all, only thing is they say support out to 2012 in the model I need, will my canbus be newer or the same? And has anyone actually got one is it any good?

last question witj both options can I use my built in gps antenna with an adapter?

cheers in advance 

On 12/31/2018 at 8:49 AM, Scuzzie2k said:

Morning people

I have a 2013 Busienss edition mondeo with the touch screen sat nav. I want to change to an Android one for better maps and functionality. I know the heater control are part of it all which is a pain.

option 1 get the normal android size one of Internet and buy the surround with buttons at the top and heater control, if I do this is is the newer type controls for my model the curved ones?

option 2 go all out and get one of them Tesla style ones that do it all, only thing is they say support out to 2012 in the model I need, will my canbus be newer or the same? And has anyone actually got one is it any good?

last question witj both options can I use my built in gps antenna with an adapter?

cheers in advance 

I think the reference relating to "to 2012" is because that's when the MK5 officially launched in the USA it was in 2012 it just didn't come to EU shores until a couple of years later (so to us in the UK it gets a bit confusing).  The MK4 facelift was 2010 and I don't think there were any major canbus changes, more cosmetic exterior/interior changes such as the matt black centre console and DRLs etc.

In terms of the GPS, as long as you can find an appropriate adapter you should be okay to use your existing antenna, it's not DAB antennas where some can be powered by the head unit and others have to be powered separately.

39 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

I think the reference relating to "to 2012" is because that's when the MK5 officially launched in the USA it was in 2012 it just didn't come to EU shores until a couple of years later (so to us in the UK it gets a bit confusing).  The MK4 facelift was 2010 and I don't think there were any major canbus changes, more cosmetic exterior/interior changes such as the matt black centre console and DRLs etc.

In terms of the GPS, as long as you can find an appropriate adapter you should be okay to use your existing antenna, it's not DAB antennas where some can be powered by the head unit and others have to be powered separately.

Thanks 🙂 has anyone got the Tesla style headunit installed?

8 minutes ago, Scuzzie2k said:

Thanks 🙂 has anyone got the Tesla style headunit installed?

No worries mate.

I've not seen anyone on here showing off the larger style until, just the standard double din (with new surrounding fascia) models or the Ford specific oval shaped ones like the Xtrons PB78FSFP that I recently fitted in my Focus (I also installed the post facelift oval shaped surround and centre console).

14 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

No worries mate.

I've not seen anyone on here showing off the larger style until, just the standard double din (with new surrounding fascia) models or the Ford specific oval shaped ones like the Xtrons PB78FSFP that I recently fitted in my Focus (I also installed the post facelift oval shaped surround and centre console).

If i wanted to go down to this unit, I assum I can just buy this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mondeo-Mk4-5-Dash-Surround/113455520592?hash=item1a6a79db50:g:ueMAAOSwrpJcFWh9:rk:3:pf:0

Then I could fit the double din headunit? ad this would take my air conditioning away the head unit?

I'm not sure if the "internals" behind the fascia are the same between the 2 models, if they turned out to be mechanically the same then yes it's just a piece of plastic.

1 minute ago, 1979Damian said:

I'm not sure if the "internals" behind the fascia are the same between the 2 models, if they turned out to be mechanically the same then yes it's just a piece of plastic.

ah ok, hopefully someone can advise 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club