Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 LED Headlamp replacement costs?

Nismex

Coming up on looking at a new Fiesta, one thing I tend to try and do is figure out potential costs if I damage something. A halogen headlamp unit on eBay costs, £100 - £150? A bulb is < £20. I've read that it can be £750+ to replace sealed LED headlight units, if it gets damaged or fails out of warranty.

Does anyone know what a replacement Mk8 LED headlight unit would cost? It's a £600 option as well.

The better lighting is something I would like as I drive a lot on unlit motorways, rural A road, but might be put off if replacement costs are excessive.

Cheers

Had a quick look on eBay where I found this advert:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/headlight-ford-fiesta-mk8-mk9-full-led/352548236468?hash=item5215832cb4:g:eT0AAOSwIkNb8X6A:rk:6:pf:0

It says it is a used unit but my guess would be it's technically used yet like brand new and that is £280 for the LED unit. Cannot find a new part from Ford Parts directly. It certainly looks more expensive to replace than a standard unit but I think if more time passes there will be more offers on eBay and the price will probably get closer to £200. 

2 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

That looks like the standard halogen with a LED DRL for the MK7

Yeah, that's the wrong unit altogether, you can't trust eBay 'marks' lol.

This is a bit of an odd question though, the cars are still very new.  In 3 years time the new parts prices should be lower and there should be more in breakers yards as well. An LED light unit will always be more expensive than the halogen equivalent, but the light output is considerably better so swings and roundabouts really. 

• Like 1

Cheers all, think I too got confused between the mks on eBay, was seeing mk8 halogen not realising people are advertising as mk9 for the new cars. It won't be a decider, but it's definitely something I need to consider. It's simply a cost/benefit and no harm in getting some preliminary costs before hand 🙂 Especially with the number of times people have driven into the corners of my car in car parks.

Might see if a local Ford dealership has a car with the LEDs and to see if I Can test drive it when it's dark. 

I don't have the LEDs on my MK8 as they werent available to order at the time but i really wish they were as they do make a good bit of difference in the dark. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club