Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old + New

robbyvrs
聽Share

Thought i'd stick a pic of my previous St-line 125 (white) and new ST-line 140 (red) up.

Traded in the 125 for a MK7 Golf GT edition, all the extras fitted but found it boring to drive and had rattles and creaks- not a great quality car. Missed the Fiesta so bought another hoping the 140 would be quicker than the 125 but can't tell the difference 馃槥聽 maybe as the 140 only has 600 miles on it it might loosen up?

Ordered a set of decals for the car from DMB for the bumpers (same as i fitted to white car) and also for the sides low on the doors, will have to spend several hours with the DA first to remove the swirls 馃檮 which the dealer supplied FOC before fitting them

Fitted a pair of Ford footwell lights (as per last car), LED boot light and Osram headlight bulbs, deciding on either black or red Mountune hoses (warranty friendly) then look for rear LED lights

uLTF8kR.jpg

fWxREvp.jpg

• Like 3

I've only driven the 125 on a test drive and have the 140, I cannot really remember a noticable difference but in terms of the 140, it loosens up after about 1000-1500 (closer to 1500 in my case) and then you can tell a bit of difference in the way it performs.聽

What is the ride like on the 18" alloys? Was going to go for them when buying mine but decided not to bother due to a few concerns about ride quality and it is pretty much impossible to buy a set of winter tyres for them but they do look really good!聽

By the way, what LEDs do you use for the boot light and what sort of a bulb is it? Would be tempted to fit some myself.聽

Nice to see you back in a Ford. I remember seeing the Golf the day you picked it up when I came to collect聽the spare wheel from you.聽

7 hours ago, DG97 said:

I've only driven the 125 on a test drive and have the 140, I cannot really remember a noticable difference but in terms of the 140, it loosens up after about 1000-1500 (closer to 1500 in my case) and then you can tell a bit of difference in the way it performs.聽

What is the ride like on the 18" alloys? Was going to go for them when buying mine but decided not to bother due to a few concerns about ride quality and it is pretty much impossible to buy a set of winter tyres for them but they do look really good!聽

The ride isn't too bad with the 18"s, had a Corsa VXR on 18"s a long time ago and that was like a go-kart (horrible - lasted 2 weeks), don't think there would be much difference compared to 17"s

The boot LED was from my previous Golf, same as this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk6-Xenon-Bright-White-LED-NUMBER-PLATE-BULBS-LIGHTS-Fast-Post-/352208867003?hash=item520148cebb

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Nice to see you back in a Ford. I remember seeing the Golf the day you picked it up when I came to collect聽the spare wheel from you.聽

Hi Nick

Yep couldn't stay away from Fords 馃檪聽 at least this car has a spare wheel already fitted so i don't have to buy another

Have you bought anything else for your car since? looking for ideas

@robbyvrs nice car, but have to say that having a red one myself!馃榾 Individual cars (and drivers) differ, but can't say I've noticed a drastic difference in the 140 and 125s I've driven. I do think the 140 seems to rev more freely, however.

I was thinking the 140 seems to rev less (less responsive) compared to the 125 although i can't really remember much about the 125 i had - must have been a reason i got rid?

Hope it does loosen up but as i only do 80 miles a week it'll take a very long time 馃檪

1 minute ago, robbyvrs said:

Hi Nick

Yep couldn't stay away from Fords 馃檪聽 at least this car has a spare wheel already fitted so i don't have to buy another

Have you bought anything else for your car since? looking for ideas

No, not yet. I did get the radio removed earlier today to try and fit my RCA converter for my sub but I had a few issues. I broke one of the plastic trim remover things I'd just bought and then lost a socket and adaptor piece down some聽trim panel in the boot (seats would need removing and all the trim taking out).聽
I've been thinking about adding blue footwell and interior lights and illuminated door sill聽plates. I had considered a remap and engine upgrades but it would be too expensive for both parts and insurance (it would up the bhp from 140 to 205 though). Not sure if I want to muck around with LED headlight聽upgrades though.聽

3 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

No, not yet. I did get the radio removed earlier today to try and fit my RCA converter for my sub but I had a few issues. I broke one of the plastic trim remover things I'd just bought and then lost a socket and adaptor piece down some聽trim panel in the boot (seats would need removing and all the trim taking out).聽
I've been thinking about adding blue footwell and interior lights and illuminated door sill聽plates. I had considered a remap and engine upgrades but it would be too expensive for both parts and insurance (it would up the bhp from 140 to 205 though). Not sure if I want to muck around with LED headlight聽upgrades though.聽

Blimey when things go wrong? do you have the socket rattling around now, would drive me insane 馃檪

The LED lights i'm looking for are the rear ones which i'm told are just plug and play, on the Golf i fitted rear LEDs and had to run extra wires, etc - ballache 馃槥

The Ford footwell lights are good - 拢10.50 each and slot into holes under the dash which are made for them - proper factory type upgrade and not overly bright like the aftermarket ones.

58 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

Hope it does loosen up but as i only do 80 miles a week it'll take a very long time 馃檪

I don't do a lot more than that, but after a couple of thousand miles it did start to feel just a bit looser, smoother and just, well, nicer somehow. I still tend to feel the lower overall gearing on the 140 possibly has more effect than the extra 15ps, but I did feel that with the 125 the power seemed to drop off a little earlier.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club