Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key outside car

Ian318

Hello i hope someone can help my dads car is a focus 1.6 2010 keyless , this morning he started car up  and all was ok , then when he came to lock with keyfob it would not lock , keyfob batteries are ok, but when i checked  car battery it was flat , car battery has been replaced but it wont start with power button , and wont lock with fob, only way to start  and lock is using the emergency key.

Sounds like something may need reprogramming, like the key has lost the pairing with the module that looks after remote locking

i have keyless on mk2.5 titanium . when battery is on keyfob it gives you some time before it needs re programming . but its best to change asap.
yunii

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tried reprogramming keyfob but nothing happens , need to have emergency key in ignition so power start button works, for past few weeks had at times key not detected.when have got in to start car eventually it started after detecting key.

There should be a place/area (not a slot) where you put the key, on the Mondeo there was a small bit in the centre console but I’m not sure where it isn’t on the Focus. Put the key on it and press the start button, and see if that brings the key back to life. I know it definitely worked on the Mondeo and it works with Renault too so maybe google that and see 🤷‍♂️

On the 2010 model it’s a key behind a blanking panel on the steering column. Or it was on mine anyway.

stick the key in and hit the start button and it should fire up. From memory I don’t think the key turns, it just gets put in the keyhole

sounds like you might need to change keyfob battery if you haven’t done so already

• Like 1

I didn’t think there was a keyhole behind the blanking plate on the ignition, just a place to insert the key and as Dave said you press the s/s button. 

Anyhow, try this

1. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds.
  2. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
  3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
  4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
  5. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.

Should i be able reprogramme without the emergency key being in the  slot behind the blanking cover  ?,  i have no starter button power unless i use emergency key in the slot .

Fob battery ok and car battery ok just cant seem  to programme   the keys   had to lock with emergency key for now , will have another look tmr , thanks for replys up to now .

It's worth trying the procedure I mentioned earlier, just use the emergency blade in the slot and have the rest of the fob in your hand.

use the blade to cycle the ignition 

Do you get the same results with both keys? Neither will open or start the car using the remote buttons and s\s button?

Also, as said above it really is worth changing the battery in the fob again for all it costs, faulty batteries do slip through the net. And just to check, the battery is in the correct way round isn't it? Smooth shiny side facing up. No offence intended but we often forget the easiest solutions until we pay Ford diagnostic charges and they just flick a switch or a battery.

There is a 'test' menu on the focus that you can access, it may shed some light on things.

press and hold the 'OK' button on the steering wheel and turn the ignition until the dash illuminates (don't start the engine). Keep the OK button pressed until the dash confirms you have entered test mode and then use the arrow keys to cycle through the screens. At some point you will come across any stored DTCs so have a pen handy then you can google the codes and see if they help.

Good luck

Thanks jonro2009 am gonna try the simplest  of things before going dealers and will try the procedures again tmr .

• Like 1

Hi all i have disconnected the battery and all working again , except radio wont turn on  its one with sat nav built in , could it be the fuse and if so what number n location thanks

Have tried 112 number said audio \ battery supply that was ok , maybe there another fuse for radio or possibly fuse on back of radio unit.

No, the code is stored somewhere in the car, maybe the BCU I'm not sure, and the radio checks the codes match whenever it's turned on so it's no longer necessary to enter a code after it, or the battery, have been disconnected. This does mean that if a new unit is installed it has to be coded to the car.

Hello radio on now after disconnecting battery again, car locking and unlocking again , see how we go , thanks to peoples suggestions, checked and rechecked the simple things and up and running again , the main dealer not needed this time .

• Like 1

Thanks for the update 😁

glad to hear you avoided a visit to the ‘stealers’ 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club