Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta ST Maxton rear lip spoiler ?

Ian Lanc

Son has purchased this! The website pictures look great, but the spoiler fit to the ford spoiler is a bad fit and the ends protrude out slightly.

Has anyone on here got one fitted ?

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/ford/ford-fiesta/ford-fiesta-mk-7.5/ford-fiesta-mk-7.5-st/spoiler-cap-ford-fiesta-mk7-st

I would support that. Maxton Design appear to make....good looking products, but making them fit? Nah. I got side-skirts and a front splitter for a christmas present. The splitter just about fits, but the side-skirts seem like they were copied over from Mk6. Sent them an email about fitment because it just didn't seem to marry up to my car.

"Thank you for confirming and for the additional information. I have spoken with the manager and he has advised that, even with the side skirts splitters covering the jacking points slightly this will not have any issues if you do need to raise the car for any reason. The bodyshop would just need to deal with this slowly and carefully in order to not damage the splitters. If you take this to a bodyshop they should be able to fit these for you as well. The manager has also advised that, as these would need to be fitted with self tapping screws this would be easy to remove and screw back in should you need to remove these for any reason. 

Can I add that "Will not have any issues to jacking points" Was a bunch of bull when I hit the god of potholes and had to take the skirt off to jack my car up. 

I fitted them myself, but it was definitely a bodge of a job to get them fitting well. They're now on the car and do look good, but agree with MarksST. I'm reluctant to buying anything from them.

To actually try and help you - If it is a sticky pad, you could try carefully using a heatgun/hair dryer (Without melting the plastic) to warm up the adhesive, and maybe use G-clamps, or some method of weighing the trim down to the spoiler. Hopefully that helps. 

• Thanks 1

Son & me fitted the spoiler, used plenty of heat on the spoiler & boot spoiler, it's fitted bang on and doesn't over hang on the ends of the original spoiler [like i've seen]

It's been on a week now and still stuck firmly down, fingers crossed it stays putt.

40 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

Pics please

I'll take a few tomorrow.

Glad to hear you've got it to stick down! Should stay there, but just go gentle when cleaning.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, I'mAnExpertTrustMe said:

Glad to hear you've got it to stick down! Should stay there, but just go gentle when cleaning.

Son is to never blast the edge and be careful when washing the lower edge.  A few images, his 'old friends' approve of the newer Fast Ford entering the stable.

rs 001.JPG

rs 003.JPG

rs 004.JPG

rs 005.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club