Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning car wax residue and staining off of black matt metalic trim

Goldilocks

Ford Fiesta Titanium Eco Boost - 14 Plate

Can anyone give me any proven tips/advice as how to clean some car wax residue and staining off of the matt black metalic trim of my car. There is also some very light scuffing to the black trim. Is there a product that would remove the scuffing without making it look worse?

Can anyone suggest a car wax product that does not leave a wax residue on the black trim or if it does is easy to wipe off?

Thanks in advance for any proven helpful tips/suggestions.

Silicon spray brings it up like new, needs doing regularly tho.

On my works Trafic van i moisten a cloth in clean engine oil which has a similar effect. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your suggestion Mozz and I will certainly consider the silicon spray.

Does anyone else have any suggestions, ideas and / or products that can be used?

Also, is there a car wax product that does not leave a white wax residue on the black trim of the car or if it does, is easy to wipe off?

• 3 weeks later...

Try Autoglym fast glass if you have some on the trim to remove the wax residue.  Some sealants don’t leave any residue but can’t think of any off the top of my head!  I use SONAX Xtreme protect and shine hybrid nano somethingorother which leaves no residue - it actually leaves quite a nice finish on plastics!  The SONAX Xtreme plastic gel does a good job at restoring plastics and more durable than silicone but still not permanent.  Autoglym bumper care is another which flys a bit under the radar these days but easily available (in Halfords for example).

Silicone might make the trim blacker, but in my experience is only a temporary fix lasting a few washes (perhaps more if the plastic has been thoroughly cleaned before application.  We used it when I was valeting 20 odd years ago for a main dealer as a quick fix on used cars.  I like gtechniq’s semi-permanent solution - nonolex (and others) also have these sort of ceramic products too. Not cheap but they last.  There’s also the option of Wurth plastic die too if you are really stuck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club