Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 5 Fiesta - Passenger Window Issue

B_48

Hi all,

New here, trying to get advise on my passenger window issue....

I put the windows down (using the driver side switch) and the passenger window stopped working. The passenger side switch only works making the window go down, not up. The driver side switch won't make the passenger window budge at all.

I have taken out both the window motors and checked they work (the driver side switch still works fine on the driver side window) and both motors work absolutely fine when controlled from that switch.

I replaced both the driver and passenger switches and the passenger side switch worked going down, then going back up - then it stopped working up and only works down (the driver side doesn't work on the passenger window again).

The window mechanism is fine and free and both window motors work (when I've been testing it, I've taken the window motors out).

I really can't work out why only the passenger side switch will only allow the window to go down, but nothing else. I also can't work out why replacing the switch fixed it for a minute or two then it stopped working again. Electrical fault maybe?

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Have a look at a post from zain611 on this forum, here’s a link to it, sounds exact same issue as he had.

• Like 1

On my mk6 fiesta the passenger switch began to be intermittent where sometimes the up button sometimes worked. It worked from the drivers side switch. Recently I bought a second hand passenger window switch and it looks to be working now. Don't really test it out a lot as its not something I'd operate when driving. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club