Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone taken their Mk8 fiesta in for steering rack clunking?

pedro1886

Hi. I have an Ml8 ST line 140

It definetly sounds like a clunk / knocking noise when I am at slow speed with wheels near full lock when I'm comming to a stop

Sounds like it's happening on both sides when I'm turning the wheel coming into a parking space.

Just asking if anyone has taken their new fiestas in for this yet?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, pedro1886 said:

It definetly sounds like a clunk / knocking noise when I am at slow speed with wheels near full lock when I'm comming to a stop

Sounds like it's happening on both sides when I'm turning the wheel coming into a parking space.

Just asking if anyone has taken their new fiestas in for this yet? My car has done 15k

Thanks

13 hours ago, pedro1886 said:

Just asking if anyone has taken their new fiestas in for this yet?

Thanks

I have this exact noise at very slow speed , its coming from the front , I don't think it has any thing to do with steering , its happening without turning the steering wheel either , its like a muted knock or noise , I took it to the dealer , and after several checks and trials they confirmed that suspension and steering parts are all ok , they couldn't find anything wrong , current mileage now is 1500 KM , but I'm suspecting the transmission mounting, the one under the transmission which is linked to the cross member, will have it checked to rule it out.

Could the transmission mounting affect the gearchange?, mine is awful on my mk8, 

This is a very common problem, owners are taking their cars to the dealers to be told there is nothing wrong even though the noises can be heard?

2 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

This is a very common problem, owners are taking their cars to the dealers to be told there is nothing wrong even though the noises can be heard?

For this noise or specifically the transmission mount?

what I experience also beside this noise is that during cold start I feel random intermittent vibrations through the car body for 30 seconds to one minute until the tachometer moves down, that's why I suspect the transmission mount , any suggestions ?

3 hours ago, pedro1886 said:

For this noise or specifically the transmission mount?

For the noises at the front

My last MK8 did this after 2500 miles, my current MK8 at 1500 miles hasn't started yet but i'm expecting it to

The situation now has developed , whenever at stop if i engage D or R while the steering wheel is turned to the right or left , when I start to move I hear a single loud clunk or knock coming from under the front of the car !!! Now is it a mount or an axle shaft or what is this , This fiesta is driving me mad !!! 

• 9 months later...

I have probably  the same problem. When I am driving slowly, turning and breaking at the same time there is a terrible noise coming from the suspantion.  My dealer said there is everythong ok and IT od not a problem but for me IT is.

47 minutes ago, Pemek said:

I have probably  the same problem. When I am driving slowly, turning and breaking at the same time there is a terrible noise coming from the suspantion.  My dealer said there is everythong ok and IT od not a problem but for me IT is.

I had a similar issue. Took it to the dealer who said there was a “stone in the spring” and they’ve resolved it. Now, whether it was a stone or anything else I don’t know but whatever they did, the issue isn’t there anymore

update : it turned out it was the steering shaft ( U joint shaft ) that was causing all of this, it was an outdated part with part number ending with AC, there is a TSB from Ford regarding it , the dealer changed the part for me under warranty with the updated part ( part number ends with AD ) now all sorts of steering knocking went away 🙂 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, whilst manoeuvring at slow speed forward and reverse.

The off side wheel is visible jolting 3 or 4 times, this happens intermittently and usually when the car has been standing overnight.

Garage can find nothing wrong.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2020 at 7:27 PM, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

update : it turned out it was the steering shaft ( U joint shaft ) that was causing all of this, it was an outdated part with part number ending with AC, there is a TSB from Ford regarding it , the dealer changed the part for me under warranty with the updated part ( part number ends with AD ) now all sorts of steering knocking went away 🙂 

Hey. Where can I find the official TSB for this issue? I have the same problem and my steering shaft also ends in AC. Thanks in advance. 

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find the TSB reference/details?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club