Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Extended Warranty

dinks90

I bought a 2016 fiesta 2 weeks ago, which comes with a 3 month warranty. 

I was thinking of going to Ford to purchase an extended warranty, however would like to hear reviews before proceeding, also, the Ford website doesn’t specify prices and asks you to call. 

Anyone got the warranty on here and would recommend?

Many thanks 

2 hours ago, dinks90 said:

I was thinking of going to Ford to purchase an extended warranty, however would like to hear reviews before proceeding, also, the Ford website doesn’t specify prices and asks you to call. 

Many thanks 

I've a feeling with the age of the car ford will tell you to go directly with a dealer's extended warranty. I was told something along those lines when I bought mine (2.5 year old fiesta, at the time) 

I bought my 2011 Fiesta about 18 months ago from a Ford main dealer and got a 2 year Ford warranty in with the price.
After a few weeks I found the cruise control was not working and they fitted a new unit under the warranty.

Last month I had to call out the (free with every service) Ford Assist for a warning light issue. Told to have alternator checked.
Booked it in where they found alternator was indeed faulty. Fitted a new alternator, just under £300 worth, under the warranty.
I am tempted to take out another 2 year one when this expires in October.

Bear in mind that only faults to actual components are covered. Wear and tear items are not.

They will also take into account the age of the vehicle. For example, they probably wouldnt cover a dead battery if the car was 10 years old, but will if it's only 3 years old. I know brakes, clutch, bulbs, windscreen (not the heated type), seats and trim etc. wont be covered with extended warranty.

That being said you shouldn't run into any major issues within 5 years anyway. Depends how much it costs I guess. Anything over £200 and I wouldnt even consider it. I fix my own cars though, so most repairs are just based on the cost of parts for me.

16 hours ago, dinks90 said:

Many thanks 

Fwiw, your consumer rights are worth more than a 3 month warranty.

That gives you effectively 6 months "warranty" as the dealer would have to prove that if something fails in that time, it wasn't there or on it's way when they sold it to you.

Being a 2016 car, does it not have any of the original 3 years left? I assume it must be an early 2016?

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Fwiw, your consumer rights are worth more than a 3 month warranty.

That gives you effectively 6 months "warranty" as the dealer would have to prove that if something fails in that time, it wasn't there or on it's way when they sold it to you.

Being a 2016 car, does it not have any of the original 3 years left? I assume it must be an early 2016?

Yeah the warranty expired last month. 

I would still prefer to get a proper warranty in place, I found out the hard way with my old corsa when the timing jumped and I needed everything but a new engine. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club