Do Not Sell My Personal Information

has ford changed their spark plugs?

sonic113

I have order a set of plugs online code 1787829 for the 20098 1.6 zetec engine usually these come in a ford stamp box and have FoMoCo on the plug in either blue or brown colour. The ones I recived arte Numbered 2050957 and are in a plain white box. The difference apart from the numbers and the details on the plug are that the 1787829 versions have a copper/brass type top where these 2050957 Motocraft versions don't?

Any ideas what the difference is? 

The 2 numbers seem to cross reference the OEM fitment.

• Like 1

Ford offers 2 different brands of spare parts.

Under the FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) brand name Ford offers the Original spare parts. These are the parts that are factory fitted.

Under the Motorcraft brand name Ford offers a product range of spare parts that are a (usually) cheaper alternative to the Original spare parts. These are usually rebranded aftermarket parts of several manufacturers.

Curently most spark plugs that are sold under both the FoMoCo and Motorcraft brand names are rebranded NGK spark plugs. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

The 2 numbers seem to cross reference the OEM fitment.

31 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Ford offers 2 different brands of spare parts.

Under the FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) brand name Ford offers the Original spare parts. These are the parts that are factory fitted.

Under the Motorcraft brand name Ford offers a product range of spare parts that are a (usually) cheaper alternative to the Original spare parts. These are usually rebranded aftermarket parts of several manufacturers.

Curently most spark plugs that are sold under both the FoMoCo and Motorcraft brand names are rebranded NGK spark plugs. 

yeah they do seem to cross reference, its just these seem to be not as good quality as the FoMCo versions with the brass/copper end cap. They probably will be ok though if they are rebranded NGK it would be interesting to see what the NGK version look like compare to these ans the FoMoCo original spares. 

Thanks fellas, I guess I will see how they go anyways.

Make sure they are a 1.2 gap to save problems.

• Like 1

Just now, F0CUE said:

Make sure they are a 1.2 gap to save problems.

will do, Thanks, Now to find my Feeler Gauges lol! 

I have mines as a keyring with my car keys will get use again at some point lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club