Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone pairing problem

Jeroom

I've just changed my 13 reg Focus to an 18 reg and am unable to pair my phone - which worked perfectly with the old car. It seems only certain phones are compatible with Ford Sync. Surely 'Bluetooth' is 'Bluetooth' is 'Bluetooth'! i.e. it's a universal system (owned by Sony I think). So Ford shouldn't use the term 'Bluetooth' if it won't accept any 'Bluetooth' device. I'm one of those rare individuals that doesn't have a 'smart-***** phone'. I like to keep an old 'dumb' phone permanently in the car for emergancy use.  Any thoughts out there?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, Jeroom said:

I've just changed my 13 reg Focus to an 18 reg and am unable to pair my phone - which worked perfectly with the old car. It seems only certain phones are compatible with Ford Sync. Surely 'Bluetooth' is 'Bluetooth' is 'Bluetooth'! i.e. it's a universal system (owned by Sony I think). So Ford shouldn't use the term 'Bluetooth' if it won't accept any 'Bluetooth' device. I'm one of those rare individuals that doesn't have a 'smart-***** phone'. I like to keep an old 'dumb' phone permanently in the car for emergancy use.  Any thoughts out there?

I too don't own (or ever will) a smartphone. I too came a cropper when I upgraded my Garmin SatNav which offered Blutooth handsfree, but my poor old Nokia wouldn't work properly (though the old Garmin worked like a dream!). The solution for me was a fabulous device at very little cost, £11, which works brilliantly! Paired 1st time, and crystal clear via a spare FM channel. May suit your modest needs?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.12b004e3ef85d843b289aa3d9f840e20.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Car-Kit-FM-Transmitter-MP3-Player-USB-Charger-AUX/223478514775?hash=item34085b8457:m:mHNGbB3AQMeo9LWU6zZRcAg

I've been sitting with two screens. One with the Ford phone compatibilty listings and the other showing amazon unlocked mobile phones. It's quite impossible to match any model numbers apart from the most expensive smart a**e phones. So I'll give up and have to do without the inbuilt Ford emergency call feature. It's a pity the compatibilty feature doesn't work in reverse i.e. enter a phone model and let it come up with a yes or no.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club