Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford cmax zetech

Hhp268

Hey,

I was looking for some help if anyone is able. My partner has a ford focus cmax zetech (2006). Today when switching the engine off a slow and quiet beeping sound started alongside the wipers moving (juddery and slowly) independently, lasted a few minutes and then stopped. Done it another two times when switching the engine off since, but not every time it was switched off. 

Since coming home the car alarm went off, not the slow beeping sound as before and the wipers started on their own at full speed this time, not slow and juddery as before. Only way it stops is if the car is started so he's had to disconnect the battery so my neighbours don't kill us.

Two things happened preceding this so I'm not sure which one (if any) has caused it. It was raining very heavily today and he went through a Couple of large puddles. Also directly before it happened the first time he had sat on the key meaning the button had been pressed down, so initially he thought it must have been this that caused it but not so sure now.

Gonna call a garage tomorrow but if there is a simple and cheap way to fix it I thought I'd check first. Thanks, any help most appreciated!

Water is getting in to the engine bay fue box which is bridging the connections causing these issues 

The horn can also sound 

Check the engine bay fuse box lid and seal it's a common problem 

Moisture in the engine bay fuse box, can cause corrosion on the tracks under the fuse box , remove and clean especially underneath the box.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club